CISSP hopeful

2»

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    jvrlopez wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother with Security+ if you're going to go for CISSP.

+1

Not a security guru, but wouldn't this be the equivolent to getting the PMP and then going back for Project +?

:)
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My 2 cents... Shon Harris (AIO) and Eric Conrad is more than enough.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,233 ■■■■■■■■■■
    My colleague has been in security for 20+ years and says just passed the CISSP yesterday. She says that was the hardest exam she's ever taken, used all six hours, and no break. I don't know how I should feel about that lol.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How i passed the test for the most part was based on how I viewed the scenario based questions differently. I XOR'ed them all. Take out the fluff, read what they are trying to say: IF, THEN
    I passed this morning. Done in under four hours. I flagged about 40 questions, but only reviewed 2 or 3 before I just said whatever and clicked submit. I was tired of this and just wanted to leave.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    Great job Dub! Congrats on passing!
  • GForce75GForce75 Member Posts: 222
    E Double U wrote: »
    My colleague has been in security for 20+ years and says just passed the CISSP yesterday. She says that was the hardest exam she's ever taken, used all six hours, and no break. I don't know how I should feel about that lol.

Haha, did the same thing and same amount of time. I had like 37 flagged. I finished the flagged ones, started at question number 1 to review all of them and said, screw this. Hit submit and bounced... thinking i failed and passed. I was in shock for like 5 minutes.
    Doctoral Candidate - BA (33/60hrs) ~ MBA/Project Management ~ BA/Business-IT
  • jonwinterburnjonwinterburn Member Posts: 161 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great news on the pass! Well done for sticking it.
  • ChuzpahChuzpah Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I admire your determination! I'm getting ready to sit my exam soon.
    Thanks guys!

I just submitted my endorsement form so I hope that I get certified before my SEC504 on May 18 so I can get the 37 CPEs.
    Rcvd the email from ISC2 advising that I am now a CISSP. Took 6 weeks.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Welcome to the club!
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete