DNS topic, bigger than i thought!!?

Hi All,

I have been studying the DNS topic for the 70-410 exam. Before I began to study this topic I assumed it wouldn't be so big but i was completely wrong. There were bits which I grasped straightaway and some parts that confused me but I watched some youtube vids to cover these.

Thinking I'm really confident after reading the chapter in Mastering 2012 r2 book, I tried the DNS questions on the Transcender practice exams and got absolutely hammered. What will be the requirements for DNS on this exam? I've seen the exam objectives but find it vague. How did you people deal with this topic? what parts did you study?

thanks

Comments

• netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    DNS is a central topic to most of the Microsoft server exams. DNS is critical for Active Directory, Exchange and other services to work properly.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I did the upgrade to 2012 (70-417) so all I saw was what changed since 2008. But on the 2008 exams, DNS was a HUGE part of the material on all three exams even if the question wasn't about DNS specifically. You can't have Active Directory without DNS, and you can't have majority of the exam topics without Active Directory.