Options

Time frame to finish NP:S

Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'll be starting the CCNA:Security right after Christmas, followed by the NP:Security track into 2015. For those of you who've been through it all, is expecting to be done with it all by the end of 2015 a realistic expectation? I don't have as much time as you single guys and gals, since I'm married with three small children, but I want to do my best. That would give me three months per test, excluding the NA:Security.

With the hack of Sony, I would think that companies will be looking for security people now more than ever, right? icon_mrgreen.gif

Comments

• Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I was able to complete CCNA/P Security within a year. I have a wife and two small children so I did the bulk of my studying at work since I had a DR ASA/IPS to practice on there. I studied at night after the kids were in bed.

I used the CBT Nuggets and Cisco's official cert guide. The daily hands on is what made everything stick.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    Cat5Cat5 Member Posts: 297 ■■■□□□□□□□
    E Double U wrote: »
    I was able to complete CCNA/P Security within a year. I have a wife and two small children so I did the bulk of my studying at work since I had a DR ASA/IPS to practice on there. I studied at night after the kids were in bed.

I used the CBT Nuggets and Cisco's official cert guide. The daily hands on is what made everything stick.

You had quite the advantage with the equipment at work. I have none of that. I'd either have to buy it or figure it out on GNS3.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'd be interested in seeing how far that year would get stretched out by working on the current exams who's cert guides keep getting pushed further and further into the future.