e

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
edited January 2019 in SSCP
f

Comments

• CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I used only the Harris for a few weeks and passed. If you have worked in the field the test should be no problem.
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What he said ^^^

Shon Harris will be fine. If you can't handle her writing style - it's an acquired taste - try the Eric Conrad 2nd edition.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • ExpectExpect Member Posts: 252 ■■■■□□□□□□
    to really get crypto it will require more than a weekend.
    I also suggest to watch some youtube videos on crypto to get better idea of it.

also, CISSP for dummies has good crypto explanations, you may want to check it out later.
  • dhanindhanin Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What braindump questions do you practise?
  • SuperISSOSuperISSO Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dhanin,

Practice the Shon Harris, Eric Conrad, CCCUre, and Transcender. Refrain from asking that type of question. I'm sure its against the ISC2 code of ethics dude.
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Check out the Sybex CISSP guide if you want an easier read for when you go through your weaker domains again.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • gregonometrygregonometry Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Keep grinding away with the studying. I'm doing the same myself starting with Shon Harris' All-In-One.
  • nawanisnawanis Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Apart from book...IMHO lot of practice questions (Free and Paid) would be helpful.
  • papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    xmalchi,

I am also studying and some days the material just doesn't stick. What do I do? I just slack off that day and listen to music, browse the web, watch youTube Vids, play some games. Then the next day I start reading again. I recommend that you change your environment. I often move around the house, I will study in the basement, then maybe the kitchen, my home office. One day, I read some chapters on my deck etc. Sometimes even going to the library and seeing "other people study," can help you get back into it.

Losing motivation is fine, it happens to many of us self studiers. What is not fine is accepting that as a sign that you are ready when you're experiencing fatigue and know in your heart that you're not ready.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Scheduling and paying for your exam is usually an excellent source of motivation for studying! ;)
  • kumarrk76kumarrk76 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used Harris & Official guide for CISSP. I also used various sites to study for my exam. I had only a week to give a shot at it. I attended the 1 week crash course from Learning Tree and then a week solid prep before the exam. I nailed it down and renewed it couple of years ago as well.

I synthesized all the information and put together some note on my blog.

CISSP Preparation Tips - Learn To Win Win

I am constantly updating the notes. I am planning to make this focused guide to be available for free in PDF format. Please feel free to leave any comments or improvements that you would like to see in there.
  • cgrimaldocgrimaldo Member Posts: 439 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The next 30 days are going to fly!
  • tkcomptkcomp Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just passed the test on December 11th. Some advice I can give is don't get hung up on an arbitrary % Practice test score. Many times I would take a 10 Question test and get a 90% and other times a 50%. It doesn't mean I forgot 40% of what I knew, it meant the areas of the CBK on the questions I got wrong I needed to work on. I read the material but I kept hammering 10 question practice tests (Like 20 per day). Review after each 10 question test and learn WHY you got it wrong. The CBK is the CBK, I don't care if the practice test question is remotely what I will be tested on. The test is on the ENTIRE CBK, so just focus on getting that as your foundation. The stronger your foundation is, the better your scores will be.
  • Spin LockSpin Lock Member Posts: 142
    tkcomp wrote: »
    I just passed the test on December 11th. Some advice I can give is don't get hung up on an arbitrary % Practice test score. Many times I would take a 10 Question test and get a 90% and other times a 50%. It doesn't mean I forgot 40% of what I knew, it meant the areas of the CBK on the questions I got wrong I needed to work on. I read the material but I kept hammering 10 question practice tests (Like 20 per day). Review after each 10 question test and learn WHY you got it wrong. The CBK is the CBK, I don't care if the practice test question is remotely what I will be tested on. The test is on the ENTIRE CBK, so just focus on getting that as your foundation. The stronger your foundation is, the better your scores will be.

Great advice. Well said.
  • tkcomptkcomp Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Most Welcome and good luck on the Exam!!
    Good luck! Make sure you have a test plan on how to answer questions, guess and skip...PM me if you need more info.
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    fair play dude!
  • papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    xmalachi wrote: »
    Cyberscum, thanks for the advice. However, yesterday I got fed up with studying for the exam and found a test date for today. It took me about two hours of deliberation to decide to do it but I did. Completely anxiety ridden and scared I took and passed the CISSP exam this morning. I'll try and write up
    a more detailed exam experience/review sometime when I'm not ready to drink some beer!

That was a straight up gangsta move. Congrats on your pass!
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How did you manage to re-schedule the exam? I thought you need 24 hours notice to do so. From your posts yesterday afternoon to today (this morning") that doesn't meet the 24 hour criteria. Where are you located?
    Ha ha thats great man! I did the same damn thing. I could no longer retain any information I was reading and I just booked it for the closest date and took the thing. Great job and cheers to passing!
  • nrkynrky Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice work, mate!
    Took some balls to expedite the exam booking like that! I did a similar thing with my Security+ exam: I'd booked it for two months away from the date I started studying for it, then rescheduled after a couple of weeks and passed it with 90%+, because I was sick of studying for it and wanted to move on to the SSCP and CISSP tracks due to the ridiculously-entry-level CBK coverage on the Security+.
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    xmalachi wrote: »

Study Material:
    Shon Harris AIO - I know that this gets knocked for her writing style but after taking the exam, I have to say it is an absolute must. Her level of detail and some of the tips that she provides throughout the book are invaluable during the exam. I think I would have felt more confident during the exam if I had been fresh off of reading this book.

Congrats. I felt the same way after passing the test that had I read the Shon Harris book(front to back) the test would have been a bit easier for me.