Failed first and second exam 70-410 very frustrating.

albertjmalbertjm Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
The first time I did the exam they killed me with powershell questions the second time it was mostly drag and drop,hyper v. I have been working in the IT field for 14 yrs and have two years experience with server 2012. This is frustrating and feel like giving up on this thing. icon_sad.gif Put me in the environment I can manage maintain and I do great at it but the theory part of 2012 certification is frying my brain. icon_sad.gif

Comments

• cs8400cs8400 Member Posts: 90 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry about the failure, but do not give up. What sections of the exam are you having issues with? Maybe focus on those areas. I didn't do well on Create and Manage GP, but Configure Hyper-V and Configuring Server Roles and Features were my strong points. The test is no joke; it is difficult.

What resources are you using to prepare?
  • albertjmalbertjm Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    cs8400 wrote: »
    Sorry about the failure, but do not give up. What sections of the exam are you having issues with? Maybe focus on those areas. I didn't do well on Create and Manage GP, but Configure Hyper-V and Configuring Server Roles and Features were my strong points. The test is no joke; it is difficult.

What resources are you using to prepare?

I used Trainsignal,CBTNuggets,Exam Ref 70-410,Windows Server 2012 inside out along with going through past exam questions. If 70-410 is this hard I cannot imagine the other exams. I had stronger points in hyperv,install and configuring active directory and group policy for the first exam. Now the second exam my strong points were pointed out as weak areas and stronger in other areas. icon_sad.gif
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I know how you feel. The first time I didn't have many powershell or drag and drop ... This second time I had questions that were like 6 different choices. my weakness were GPO's that killed me a lot... Those dam GPO's and linking plus permission... I'm going to focus on that plus some hyper-v setting that I didn't know. Just keep at it...

I also was thinking what's the use of taking this exam... But I need to finish it, and move on.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • albertjmalbertjm Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Louie1277 wrote: »
    I know how you feel. The first time I didn't have many powershell or drag and drop ... This second time I had questions that were like 6 different choices. my weakness were GPO's that killed me a lot... Those dam GPO's and linking plus permission... I'm going to focus on that plus some hyper-v setting that I didn't know. Just keep at it...

I also was thinking what's the use of taking this exam... But I need to finish it, and move on.
    I know EXACTLY what your talking about. I dislike those drag and drop especially when its more than one answers and they certainly love throwing out those GPO'S and powershell commands. icon_sad.gif