Taking 461 in Four weeks time

TawazTawaz Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hie

I am planning to take my first exam 461 next month but i am feeling a bit nervous so i heard its tough.To those who did 461 and passed please help me on how you made it.Which topics needs more attention mostly from exam objectives and did you use ****?Thanks.

Comments

• nachodbanachodba Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used the Microsoft Querying SQL Server 2012 Training kit, SQL Server 2012 Express, AdventureWorks and YouTube.

Also, you should never use ****. You won't learn anything. Especially on this exam, you need to know your stuff.
    2020 Goals
    work-life balance
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The training kit was enough if you practice hard. No, I did not and will not use ****.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • TawazTawaz Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you Nacho and Carl.You inspired me a lot i need to know my staff for sure.Besides XML which other topics you think needs a lot of attention?

Thanks
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Syntax is really important in this command. Commands/reserved words are fair game. For example, to use nolock in a query, is it FROM TABLE WITH (NOLOCK) or FROM TABLE WITH (NOLOCKS). It is (NOLOCK) of course but I seem to remember some questions that came down to that level of granularity. Also the partitioning/windowing.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    hey Tawaz, how's the exam prep going ?
  • TawazTawaz Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So far so good man.Sitting on the 12th of Jan
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Let us know how it goes and best of luck!
    I just sat the 98-364...though it was supposed to be basic, it was a bit more difficult than I expected (though still passed!).
    I am just beginning to study ffor 70-461 with target of roughly late January or early Feb. Going through Pluralsight videos and I purchased Itzik's books too (T SQL and 70-461 book)

Again, Good luck!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • JMTJMT Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How did it go , I am just starting with this today . SO came hear to read up seems its going to be hard .
  • gokontragokontra Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys,

my first post here, been browsing the forums for awhile, a lot of useful stuff on here.
    Special thanks to nachodba for his advice. Goods stuff there man.

One question for all of you getting ready for 70-461 how long did the prep usually take? Of course depending on your current experience level it will vary, that's understandable. But it would be nice to know what to expect in terms of time line.

Also did any of you guys use Pluralsight as one of your sources? How would you rate them?
    I plan to use Itzik's book for 70-461 and Pluralsight should that be ok to get enough practice or do I need to add to it?