For Those seeking Employment

BubbaJBubbaJ Member Posts: 323

Comments

• bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Thanks!

It's true...

I've also read on job search engines that some HR managers might even google your name...
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • pwochnick1pwochnick1 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Credit scores seem to be used for a lot of things these days. In the U.S. you should check your score at least once a year. You would hate to lose out on a job because something was incorrect on your credit report and your score was lowered signifigantly.
    Paul Wochnick
  • pjam76pjam76 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    While many things need to be considered......

It's hard for me to fathom a company not hiring a person because they have a chaotic household or somebody is going through a divorce. Being that around 60 percent of people in the US get divorced... that leaves the fact that most people won't ever be considered for a job.

The other problem I have is the fact that since I've been on various contracted jobs and worked with people who were FT employees of the company and other consultants/contractors is the fact that many employees aren't exactly from the US these days.

And it's a lot harder to find real facts about somebody who might have changed their name or worked for some small firm in china or india.

It's ridiculous to not hire somebody from the US who might have been divorced while sponsoring somebody else from India who you really don't know that much about.
  • BubbaJBubbaJ Member Posts: 323
    pjam76 wrote:
    Being that around 60 percent of people in the US get divorced... that leaves the fact that most people won't ever be considered for a job.
    That's probably true; most people applying for a tech job probably aren't considered for the job. You must understand though, it is only while you are going through a divorce that it is counted against you (unless it is a very reactionary company) even though that is against the law.

Never volunteer any information that it is against the law for the company to ask. You have no way of knowing how or if it will be considered for or against you, and you will have no legal recourse.