Passed first Microsoft exam...no email regarding MCP status for almost 2 weeks?

thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
I took an exam on the 19th at a Prometric site and passed. The proctor gave me my printout, and it says that there will be an email coming my way regarding MCP ID/password within 7 days. My Prometric profile shows that I passed the exam, but I haven't gotten have any confirmation coming from Microsoft's end (yet?).

Has it been a long process for the first time MCP's before? Will something get screwed up now that Prometric no longer participates in Microsoft exams?
2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA

Comments

• TheCurrykingTheCurryking Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It can sometimes take a while, which exam did you take? I find that if its one of the main core exams e.g. MCSA 2012 (70-410 etc) they seem to process them quicker. But the MCTS exams seem to take longer. I passed the 70-412 at the end of November and it appeared on my transcript the next day with Prometric. I passed the MCTS 70-533 a month later with Prometric and it took over a week to appear!

If you contact your regional MS service center they can push it through for you. You may need the print out you received on the day as proof. Hope you get it soon!
  • thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It was the 70-346 exam. It took about 5 days for it to appear on Prometric's website as "Passed" (opposed to "Pending"). I am hoping it's just the holidays/New Year's that is prolonging this whole process.
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Might be the new year. Took a test on the 30th. Mine showed as passed in about a day through Prometric, but I haven't received an email and the MS site doesn't show it yet.

By contrast, I took a test via Pearson earlier this month and it showed up by the time I got back to the office.
  • dewey haftadewey hafta Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Like PJ said it could just be timing. I would call them and ask. I know when I passed I had to call. Right away they fixed my account on the phone and I was able to log in and see my transcript. I also waited until the 7 day mark to call without hearing anything.
  • lmoworldlmoworld Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Logon to the Microsoft site to see if you passed. I know when I took the MCTS for Windows 7 I didn't recieve anything. I used Prometric as well.
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I had it one time, around a year ago. Check the rules, they should mention somewhere that you can write an e-mail to a certain address with a copy of your test result, that's what i did and it worked for me.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Did you get this resolved? If not, did you check your spam folder?
    MrAgent wrote: »
    Did you get this resolved? If not, did you check your spam folder?

I never received a reply to my email. I am going to send them another message on Monday.
  • ThechainremainsThechainremains Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Something is definitely wrong. I would contact Prometric until they fix the problem.

It doesnt take Microsoft long to update your status or make you a " MCP " after passing your first exam.

Typically an exam even taken on a Friday get's Marked as "Passed" as late as Sunday.
  • ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    If you still haven't had any luck, I sent an email to MCPHelp@microsoft.com and they responded after a couple of days. I hope this helps.
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
    I agree. I've had a problem in the past where the testing provider created a new Microsoft ID for me, and I had to contact MS to have the information merged. Took just under a week.
    Itrimble wrote: »
    If you still haven't had any luck, I sent an email to MCPHelp@microsoft.com and they responded after a couple of days. I hope this helps.

Cool, what would I need? Just the information from the Prometric printout?
    Yeah, just email them with your name, and all of the numbers from the top of your test results.
    Update: I sent off an email, and I guess an automated reply sent a "receipt" saying that they got my question. This didn't happen last time (I sent an email on 12/24 and never got any response). That likely made the difference, thanks.