(ISC)2 studISCope Self Assessment and Exam Simulator Tool

RobicusRobicus Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
I was browsing around the study materials on the ISC2 site today, and noticed that they offer a practice test that is allegedly very similar to the examination. It is a whoppin' $129.00 for a 100 questions-- which after taking, analyzes your performance and helps to identify weaker domains.

Has anyone had experience with this? Have you/or do you know someone who tried this out?

https://www.expresscertifications.com/ISC2/Catalog.aspx

Thanks!
What's Next? eLearnSecurity's eCIR

MSISE, CISSP, GSE (#202), GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GMON, GCFE, GCCC, GCPM, eJPT, AWS CCP

Comments

• jonwinterburnjonwinterburn Member Posts: 161 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've bought all 3 test sets for CISSP. I'll be taking my first test using StudiScope this coming Sunday. I'll let you know how I get on.
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have used it, it was provided by my employer, it was fairly useful, as the above I used all 3 test sets.
  • RobicusRobicus Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks forth input, guys! Please let me now how feel about these jonwinterburn.

MSISE, CISSP, GSE (#202), GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, GPEN, GMON, GCFE, GCCC, GCPM, eJPT, AWS CCP
  • gorgongorgon Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found them to be really dated, way out of date. They were useful in that they were actual exam questions from what seems like 15+ years ago. For example, I got dozens of questions related to WAP (if you remember WAP, it is what flip phones used to render web pages before smartphones: Wireless Application Protocol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) .

I would really recommend skillset.com and ccure.org instead.
    When I logged in today to StudiScope, it said my test exams had expired! Apparently you have 90 days to complete them in; I'd bought them back in September, thinking they were good for life, so to speak. What a rip-off. It says on the FAQ you can request a free extension (one time only), so I've done that. Once I get that, I'll take one of the assessments and let you know what I think of it.

I've also been doing the Skillset.com tests. That's a really nice website; the test engine looks much nicer than StudiScope and best of all it's free. You can comment on the questions too. My only reservation is that I'd say around 80% of the questions I've taken so far (about 250) are a bit too easy.
    Thank a bunch for following up. I will check out Skillset. :)

I've received a 90 day extension to my StudiScope tests, so I will take a 250 question test this Sunday and report back. Also, I've done about 500 questions using the TotalTester free application. I found them very similar to Shon Harris's questions and a better technical quality than SkillSet (which as I said, are generally too easy).
    So I took all 3 sets of questions yesterday (100 per set). I have mixed feelings about this tool. The platform itself is clumsy and outdated. The questions range from tricky and badly worded to simple and clean - which from what I've heard about the exam, is probably similar to what's expected. It's okay for gauging your readiness (I passed all 3 tests first time). But TotalTester and SkillSet have better interfaces and TotalTester has better questions.

TL;DR - I don't think it's worth the money for the amount and quality of the questions.
    Awesome! Thanks a ton for sharing your experience with this testing tool. I will probably lean towards to the other options you mentioned.

Thanks again,

• papadocpapadoc Member Posts: 154
    I have used Studiscope and it's best for generating the SWOT chart at the end and using that to go attack your weak areas and re-validate if you learned the material by testing with a second tester like Transcender etc.