Certification after CISSP

impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
Guys

What certification you normally get after CISSP? More technical in nature? more security? Platform? etc, etc,

Just some ideas, I am thinking OSCP, my supervisor keep asking MCSE (he is not paying anything).
Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

Comments

• emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    I went specialization. Was going to get SSCP but I figured, why bother? Might do the ISSMP down the line...

The way I look at it is that the CISSP provides/provided the max ROI of any cert i've ever seen, anything else after didn't have as noticable gains but were great for technical purposes. OSCP and GIACs are my choice. CEH is good but you've already got that, maybe go for the ANSI (vicon_cool.gif version but then again that costs extra.

Even if you're employer isn't paying for it, you have some sort of "path" in place so I'd follow it just to get it out of the way. Who knows what he has in store for you. May not be able to pay up front but could have a bonus or something waiting in the wings.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□

Even if you're employer isn't paying for it, you have some sort of "path" in place so I'd follow it just to get it out of the way. Who knows what he has in store for you. May not be able to pay up front but could have a bonus or something waiting in the wings.

This make me laugh, LOL. I do not think that is an option, no reise in two years, no way, LOL. I used a lot Windows 2012 so
    I went specialization. Was going to get SSCP but I figured, why bother? Might do the ISSMP down the line...

The way I look at it is that the CISSP provides/provided the max ROI of any cert i've ever seen, anything else after didn't have as noticable gains but were great for technical purposes. OSCP and GIACs are my choice. CEH is good but you've already got that, maybe go for the ANSI (vicon_cool.gif version but then again that costs extra.

I like this specialization, I've been thinking on this.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I looked around but nothing was worth my money...So I started hammering Kali (Backtrack) to hone my skills at Kimset and Aircrack Suite....Oh an Wire Shark