Options

Officially A+ certified

KandinskyKandinsky Member Posts: 108 ■■■□□□□□□□
I don't think it's fully set in, but I'm so relieved to have put this one behind me. People told me that the 802 was easier than the 801. I didn't think so. I thought the 802 was more difficult.

I used professor messer's videos and I took a week long course at New Horizons and the A+ text book I got from new Horizons's to study.

Question: Is it worth it going directly to the Network + now or should I skip it and try something like Security + or maybe something even more ambitious like a cisco cert? I guess what I'm asking is Network + in demand? Is it something that employers look for? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the A+ certification :D I just passed my Network+ an hour ago, in terms of the demand for Network+ it depends on the type of role/position you want to strive towards, I see you already possess a multitude of MS certs, are you a Help Desk type of role? What do you desire to be?
  • Options
    Thanks and congratulations on passing your Network+ exam. I see you are also A+ certified. Which test was more difficult? I'm currently a tier 2 help desk agent at a company that specializes in data storage. I'm not sure what my long term goals are, as I've just recently got back into IT. I think perhaps some kind of admin position, although cybersecurity seems interesting too. What kind of work do you do?
  • Options
    I'm currently a job seeker, but I have a history of being a Security Analyst in a SOC. Currently I'm getting these certs because I'm seeing them as requirements for positions I'm interested in in my area, that is always a place to start. use job search engines to lookup positions that interest you and look at the requirements, whatever the most commonly required certification is for a role that interests you, perhaps that is the one you should research and pursue.
  • Options
    That's logical, thanks for the advice. I probably will go ahead and get the network+ anyway, and then the security + after that. Those three certs (A+,Net+, Sec+) I'm noticing, seem to be some kind of sought after trio, so I think it will be worthwhile if I can get all three of them on my resume. Hopefully by the end of spring. By then, perhaps, a future course of action might become clear to me.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
  • Options
    rolltide101xrolltide101x Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, I just passed my 2nd A+ test as well. I agree with you the 2nd test was harder than the 1st. Neither was very hard though imo. I made a 90+ on both.
  • Options
    pepper311 wrote: »
    Congrats! I made 821 on the first and 863 on the second.

@rolltide101x: How do you mean that you made 90+ on both? THe highest possible score was a 900

I think he means percentage wise 90% or higher