Passed 70-451

ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
After constantly putting it off I finally bit the bullet and sat for the 70-451 SQL 2008 exam today and passed with score of 815. Exam was not as tricky as I feared - lot's of questions on transactions and locks\isolation levels and far less on XML than I expected.

With this under my belt I am now an MCITP: SQL Database Developer :D:D

Though I would like to sit the upgrade (457 and 457) exams for MCSA SQL 2012 I need to get PRINCE2 Foundations out of the way ASAP for work related purposes.....

<TriesToSoundMysterious>watch the forum for upcoming updates hehehhee icon_cool.gif</TriesToSoundMysterious>

Comments

• nachodbanachodba Member Posts: 201 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I got my 2008 MCITP in DB Administration and looking back it would have served me well to go the developer route at the same time, instead of trying to learn it 3 years later.
    2020 Goals
    work-life balance
  • ZorodzaiZorodzai Member Posts: 357 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Thanks. I do much more on the querying side than db admin so this seemed a good cert to pursue. At some point I'll have to look at getting my MCSA 2012 out of the way - seems this cert journey is never ending icon_lol.gif
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice job! Well done!
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
    Thanks guys....completely behind my schedule for 2014 certifications but really glad I finally did it.
    I'm so far beyond I quit certifications LOL! I just don't have time anymore. I have 20 large scale exception reports to create that are very complex and a interactive dashboard (KPI's).

After I am done with my managerial accounting refresher course and supply chain course (through work) I am going to hit ASP hard. Can't wait to get into Webmatrix!
    I think one shouldn't just certify for the sake of certifying......you seem to be learning a lot of stuff relevant to your role which, to me, is great icon_smile.gif
    Both of us for sure are growing in the ways of data. My new favorite is SUM(Column) OVER ( PARTITION BY COLUMN) That with some CTE's or virtual tables really helps solve some of my metric dilemmas. :)
    I must admit I have a weak spot for CTEs. They have saved me creating a whole bunch of confusing temp tables on quite a few occasions....
    I agree! I am starting to review cursors a lot more. Not sure how I feel about them yet. Thoughts?
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
    @N2IT - I really don't like cursors. One of the guys at work rewrote a stored procedure we use for pulling up transaction histories and replaced cursors with set based logic; execution time during peak period literally down 60% icon_cheers.gif
    I'd like to see that execution plan. SQL, there is always a time and place. :)

CTE large sets of data PUKE. Either way good information to know. Thanks!
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□