CISA June 2015 Exam.

wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi All,

I am planning to study for June CISA exam, this is almost 6 years overdue as you can see in the post linked below :D .

Knowing that I do procrastinate, I joined ISACA today, and plan to buy the Book, Q&A Database when the are released later this month and register for the exam in January.

I am doing this to force myself to finish this next year.

Any body planning to take the exam in June?

http://www.techexams.net/forums/jobs-degrees/49060-i-want-auditor.html

Comments

• wearingmyrolexwearingmyrolex Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello WD40,

I'm taking it in June '15 but only because I ran out of prep time for December and decided to push, rather than overload myself. I've read the official review manual and I have to say it's awful. I read the official CISM manual and actually enjoyed it, but the CISA one is pants. I've purchased the all-in-one to use as my study guide for when I pick CISA up again in March next year, and will use the RM as a Reference book if required.

Good luck with your studies.
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks & Good luck to you too.
  • hariram007hariram007 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Dear friends,
    Any idea whether any changes in cisa review manual 2015. Or shall we go with review manual 2014.
    I think a new manual is released every year, 2015 Manual should be available on 31-Dec-2014 as per ISACA.
    Not sure if there are big differences thou.

I booked for June Exam, and plan to purchase the review Manual & Q & A Database as soon as they are available.
  • outgrazingoutgrazing Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    LOL me too WD40! Was an auditor and need to finish that thing...did CISSP...doing Cobit Foundations at the end of the month. I just need to roll. You on a base? I'm at FGGM if you want to study
    If you are willing to transfer to the Fifth Fleet in Bahrain then I can meet you :D , and no I am not a USA citizen.

I am thinking about Cobit foundation for next year, but not sure if I will have the chance to get it before June.
  • adaboyadaboy Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am crossing my fingers that I don't have to take it in June. I took it in December and honestly I am pretty sure I either passed it by one or two questions or failed it by the same amount. I heard at a testing in Florida for the December exam three women started crying during the exam and one person tore up the exam and walked out. I would say that the official guide had the most relevant information to the exam of all the books I used, but was by far the most difficult to consume. They should make two completely different sets of training material as there really is two different sets of people that take the exam. The first is audit people trying to learn enough technical IT information and the second is reversed that. From my experience I would say its more difficult for the technical people to learn enough audit skills to pass the exam as its a thought process and skill, not just a bunch of technical facts you can memorize. Best of luck to you all.
  • acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    adaboy wrote: »
    I am crossing my fingers that I don't have to take it in June. I took it in December and honestly I am pretty sure I either passed it by one or two questions or failed it by the same amount. I heard at a testing in Florida for the December exam three women started crying during the exam and one person tore up the exam and walked out. I would say that the official guide had the most relevant information to the exam of all the books I used, but was by far the most difficult to consume. They should make two completely different sets of training material as there really is two different sets of people that take the exam. The first is audit people trying to learn enough technical IT information and the second is reversed that. From my experience I would say its more difficult for the technical people to learn enough audit skills to pass the exam as its a thought process and skill, not just a bunch of technical facts you can memorize. Best of luck to you all.

hi there, hope you passed the cisa exam. i am considering it for june, did you find it easier that cissp? could you share how did you prepare?

thanks.
  • EZ2015EZ2015 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey wd40,

I am also planning on taking the exam this June 2015. I'm excited for the challenge as this would be my first exam surrounding information systems. How are you studying for the exam? I'm using the official guide from the testers makers and after I finish the guide, I will buy the database questions. Do you have a background in information systems auditing? My background is in accounting and I'm want to make the switch from financial accounting into IS auditing. I have some knowledge in auditing and hopefully taking the exam would give the technology skills to be a competent IS auditor. If you have any suggestions in studying for the exam, please let me know.
    I am still waiting for the 2015 manual to be released "Anticipated today 09-Jan-2015" + The Q & A Database and maybe the online training by ISACA..

I have 10 years IT Support (Helpdesk basically) experience, I am sick of it and want to switch to IS Audit if possible..

So as per my understanding we will have 2 different problems.
    You will need extra study in IT portions of the exam and I will need to study on the Audit / Account portion.
  • mvparishmvparish Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What is taking so long? Waaaaaaaaaa! First the CISA ISSACA books were suppose to be available on Dec 31st and now the new date for release is today, yet nothing. There is no anticipated release date for the questions database either, so I am wondering how long that is going to take to get up and running.

A coworker said that they also run out stock when it comes to the questions database too. Not sure how that is possible when it is a downloadable software :/ Then again he said it went out of stock 2 weeks before his scheduled test. Probably to prevent cramming.

Done waiting, gimme gimme!
  • EZ2015EZ2015 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes, I'm using the 2014 manual, plus an additional CISA review book I bought off Amazon, to study for the exam. I'm focusing on the chapter that covers networks and computer foundations. I do have some knowledge of computers as I took computer classes in college, but need to study extra on this part of the review book. Also, I did some reading into IS auditing jobs and most the job description is technical but over complex. I want to pass the CISA and then subsequently take the CPA exam. I have already accepted an offer with a big accounting firm, which has a good size IS auditing group as IS auditing is also part of the financial statement audit process. I'm hoping to jump into that group after I pass the CISA exam. I read some blogs and articles that state IS auditing is not as technical when compared to other fields of IT like InfoSecurity.
    CISA Review Manual 2015 is available now .. waiting for the Q & A Database.

So far the cost for me is as follows:

ISACA Membership 170 US$ (135$ + New member fees 10$ + Chapter dues 25$)
    CISA Exam Fees 440 US$ (Saved 185$ because I am a member .. see above :D )
    CISA Review Manual 2015 131 US$ (105$ + 26$ shipping - saved 30$ because I am a member)

Total so far 741 US$ which is not as expensive as other high level certs ..
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    wd40, what other high-level certs have a higher financial cost? Maybe CCIE, don't kno what the lab fee is, but there aren't many that are that steep.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
    Maybe I was thinking about the SANS courses or the CISSP..
    I received the Manual today :)

The text is small, paper quality is not that good and I have bad eyes ..

I will struggle with this for the next 6 months ..
  • faniefanie Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    HI friends,

I am planning to write June Exam.

Is it really required to purchase the new manual or any of the old manuals will do?

I am totally new to this.Your advice will be of great help.

regards
    Fanie
  • umang_s_2000umang_s_2000 Banned Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi wd40

There is no download option of soft copy of material or we have to pay the shipping charges.

Umang Shah
    As per my knowledge legal soft copies are not available.

Shipping for the book is 26US$ by Fedex, I live 7,156 miles away from the bookstore and received the manual 2 days after it was shipped.
    fanie wrote: »
    HI friends,
    I am planning to write June Exam.
    Is it really required to purchase the new manual or any of the old manuals will do?
    I am totally new to this.Your advice will be of great help.
    regards
    Fanie

The exam is expensive, do you want to risk failing the exam because you used an old manual?
    wd40 wrote: »
    The exam is expensive, do you want to risk failing the exam because you used an old manual?

Thank you for the feedback Wd0.Still I am curious to know why the manuals be so different every year .Or the change is just 10% .
  • iyeramoopiyeramoop Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Below are the materials for the preparation per ISACA:
    CISA Review Manual 2015.
    CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2015
    CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual Supplement 2015
    CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanation Database—12 month subscription
    CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanation Database V15 CD-ROM

Ionly have Q DB, what is the difference b/w CISA Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2015 and supplement and V15 CD-ROM are they same as Q DB?
  • cisahackercisahacker Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hi wd40, Have you received your CISA 2015 book yet? if so, is there a dramatic change with the 2014 manual?

Anyone out there have the pdf of 2015 Cisa manual?? would be a great help of anyone can help me out finding the ebook
    I just purchased the Q & A online subscription, as Per ISACA:
    The CISA® Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Database is a comprehensive 1,200-question pool of items that combines the questions from the CISA® Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2015 with those from the CISA® Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2015 Supplement.

I do not know the differences between the 2014 and 2015 Manuals because I only have 2015.

I did a sample test (30 questions) and got 53%
    I think more than half of the questions are covered in Security+ which I passed in November :D .
  • aamzejazaamzejaz Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Can any one help out how to review the difference between CISA 2014 and 2015 manuals please.

rgds,
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    aamzejaz wrote: »
    Hi,

Can any one help out how to review the difference between CISA 2014 and 2015 manuals please.

rgds,

Just get the latest..
  • Sudhir TrivediSudhir Trivedi Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,
    I got the CISA Review Manual 2015 and started to study for June 2015. The language is very handy. it will be great if any one can share his knowledge, information and experience about pattern of questions.
    Hi I have taken ISACA membership.However,when I try registering for the exam,its asking me to pay $515 instead of $440.

Any idea why??
    Maybe your Membership is not active yet, give it some time.
    Thank you for response Wd40. I just now checked. Infact,they are charging me for'Mailed/faxed early registration deadline fee' which is $ 515.

I am trying register online.I have no idea why is this .Do I need to check any boxes separately for this?