Prep advice for taking class based training course(CEHv8)

j1mggj1mgg Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi, My work is putting me on the 5 day training course and was wondering what preparation i should be doing. I have ordered the Matt Walker AIO second edition book, but also have access to the CBT v8 videos, and skillport(Pluralsight v8 videos, matt walker practice exams, sean-philip Oriyano - v8 pdf). The course starts on the 26th of January, which gives me 2 weeks to do some self study, and I was wondering am I best just using a book, just one set of videos, or a book and videos. Is there a book that matches up with a set o videos better? Thanks jim

Comments

• emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    If you have access to the iClass videos then that's really all there is to it. It has everything you need to pass the exam. The question is, can you really absorb the content from the slides in a meaningful way. I took notes on each slide, so each hour long video took an additional couple hours to really parse through.

If this sounds rough then supplement with Matt Walker. I would definitely look at the Boson CEHv8 test questions as well.
  • ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did the course with QA and it was full on for the full 5 days (exam on 5th day). I would definitely recommend studying prior to the course. I received the EC-Council box including textbook, practicals and disks which we covered.
  • j1mggj1mgg Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Archon wrote: »
    I did the course with QA and it was full on for the full 5 days (exam on 5th day). I would definitely recommend studying prior to the course. I received the EC-Council box including textbook, practicals and disks which we covered.

It is QA that I using as well, it does say it will be intense and will need to do own studying in the evening. I have started the cbt nuggets and a few chapters I already familiar with as well.

thanks for the replies
  • ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Our tutor got us to do exam questions each night. I personally didn't find it that helpful.
  • j1mggj1mgg Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I went on the course, and Archon i think we must of had the same tutor.

We used the ec council official course material which was 2 large books with 2 slides to a page, then in the evening we were given a book to go through practice exams. Didnt start until 9.30, and then finished at 4, with the exam starting at 11.30 on the Friday.

I seem to be lucky in that I knew a few of the questions from previous exams(security+, SSCP) and also the part time MSc i am doing just now. We had a very low pass rate, out of a class of 7, 2 passed, 4 failed, and the last person I am not sure as myself and colleague had already left by the time he finished.

For the cost of the course I found the materials supplied by EC Council were very poor, and haven't been properly updated, some of the labs just didnt work at all. I believ I would of got a better score if my boos had just let me stay at home for a week and used the CBT Nuggets videos and matt walker v8 book.