Options

Passed LX0-102 yeterday!

IT-FellaIT-Fella Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi all!

I would like to thank everyone in techexams community for sharing your knowledge and huge support! Linux+ (LPIC-1) is my very first cert even though I have quite a bit of work exp in corporate IT. I managed to pass 1st exam in November and 2nd yesterday.
I have approx 2 years of following how-to guides experience with Linux (installing and configuring postfix, nginx, Asterisk etc) and about 6-8 month of playing around with CentOS and Ubuntu. I used LPIC-1 Linux Professional Institute Certification Study Guide Third Edition by Roderick W. Smith. I followed all his examples and tried all CLI commands in my virtual Linux machines.
Also I watched CBT Nuggets videos on LPIC-1 subject.
I would disagree with some people here who tend to think that second exam was easier than the 1st one. I had higher score on the 1st exam and dealing with configurations for X and cron jobs was more confusing than configuring hardware and managing files.

Happy New Year 2015!

Comments

• Options
    lsud00dlsud00d Member Posts: 1,571
    Congrats! Enjoy the other certs that come along with this and the fact that this cert never expires icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congratulations on the certification :D and yes, enjoy the bonuses :D I plan to pursue this certification in the future aswell :D
  • Options
    brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    Congratulations and thanks for the heads-up on part two. I would expect part two to be harder. I use the command line every day, but don't configure things on a daily basis.
  • Options
    5ekurity5ekurity Member Posts: 346 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • Options
    varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Awesome! Now you know linux! icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. The knowledge gained from doing this cert is fantastic.
    Definitely a good cert to have.