Options

CISSP Study Material and qualification

bryansinbryansin Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear all,

I have been working as server and network engineer for 4 years, and i would like to take this exam. ( my new year resolution ) :D

would be great if someone can tell me which is the correct study material that i should go for, i would prefer the PDF version as im a book person.

Currently im studying on CISSP sixth edition by Shon Harris. Not sure if this is the correct one too?

Many thanks to all the advise in advance !

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Shon Harris (AIO) book is great you can compliment with a second book such as Eric Conrad or Sybex. I would also recommend you read all the "passed" threads on this forum. Good Luck
  • Options
    jonwinterburnjonwinterburn Member Posts: 161 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've used the following over the last 5 months. Sitting my exam in a couple month's time.

Eric Conrad's Study Guide (second edition)
    CISSP Sybex Guide by James M. Stewart, Mike Chapple, Darril Gibson
    CISSP CBT Nuggets (Keith Barker)
    Eric Conrad's 11th hour guide
    ISC2 free webcasts
    StudiScope questions
    TotalTester questions
    SkillSet questions
    And about 120 pages of notes made along the way

Out of them all, the CISSP Sybex guide and the questions have for me, been the best resources. That and taking copious notes.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Welcome aboard. Go ahead and search for the "Passed CISSP" threads. There you will find the resources that everyone has used, what they liked, and what they didn't. For me the Harris book was overly verbose and couldn't handle it. Ended up switching to the Conrad study guide and using the Harris one only for my weaker domains. Best of luck!
  • Options
    tkcomptkcomp Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I agree with Cyberguypr, Conrad is the best read. I only used Shon Harris for Network/Telecom and Crypto Domains. However the Test Engine that comes on the Shon Harris 6th Edition CD, I thought was very useful.
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    All I used was Mcgraw Hill tests, Harris book with test CD and "CISSP Notes" and passed in less than a month. Stay focused adn study the right material.
  • Options
    bryansinbryansin Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks mate! i will finished this harris book and will go for all short notes. !

well, i have noticed, to take the exam , you must :
    "You will be asked to provide your securitywork history, as well as documents for the necessary educational requirements. "

What i need to provide? as i had work for sys and network engineer for about 4 years.

Upon passing ,
    "you will be asked to supply documentation, supported by a sponsor, "

What kind of document i need to provide?

Many thanks !
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You just have to provide a copy of your resume with references for the positions you held that correspod to the 10 domains and what your job tasks were. The endorsement process is done by a current cissp in good standings vouching for you and verifying that what you say is true. You have to provide this information for the past 5 years.
  • Options
    ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have just started studying the CISSP and have been using Shon Harris (AIO) and CBT nuggets. I generally self study but am likely to do the course with QA as well.

I think you have to reference at least 2/10.