CISA Without Experience

tanvir2220tanvir2220 Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
Is it possible to pass CISA exam without having any experiences?

Comments

• comobtcomobt Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Depends on what you define as "experience" in my opinion. I hold a degree in Computer Science but have relatively little audit experience. I took the exam this past December so I'm still waiting on my score. Fingers crossed.
  • tanvir2220tanvir2220 Member Posts: 21 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Say for example, without any auditing experiences in an IT company..
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Passing the exam can e done by anyone, regardless of work history. Earning the CISA accreditation, however, has very specific requirements.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • GenexsysGenexsys Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As someone already mentioned, it depends on what kind of experience, but it is always good to have some experience where it matters. Even with some experiences in I.T, Audit or Controls, the exam does require a lot of work.
    As a follow-up to this, I just passed the CISA with a 612 and have just one year of IT Audit experience. Prior to that, I worked in a non-IS area. However, my degree is in IT. It can be done with little audit experience but you may need to study a little harder (as I did).
    Congratulations.. :)

From which university you completed your graduation?
  • EZ2015EZ2015 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am planning on taking the CISA exam this June and I have experience in financial audits, but not actual IS/IT audits. I hope in taking and passing the exam I'll be able to switch into IS/IT auditing. I'll finish my degree in accounting this may.

Comobt, what study materials did you use to prepare for the exam?
    Comobt, would you please give me your email? I would like to contact you. Quite impressed your achievement.. :)
  • EZ2015EZ2015 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Tanvir2220, are you taking the CISA exam this June? If you are taking the exam, what study materials are you using for the exam?
  • assamsiddibapaassamsiddibapa Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Exam with out experience ? Yes

Certification with out experience ? No .

If you want to be certified/Licensed then you need the experience .
    I used the official study manual and the practice database questions. I hit the practice questions very hard the last 3-4 weeks leading up to the exam (probably logged around 30 hours in this time period). I read the manual once and then re-read problem areas (sometimes following up with those problem areas online or elsewhere). Degree was from University of Missouri so it certainly wasn't a super prestigious school or anything.

As someone mentioned, I am still not able to apply for the certification because I do not have enough experience. So at this point, I guess I am "pre-qualified" and just need to wait it out.

My email is bbtren1989@gmail.com. You may contact me if you wish but I don't have a whole lot else to share as far as studying tips.
  • pgupta101pgupta101 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Comobt,
    Congrats on passing the exam.
    Can you please share the exact name of the study guides used?
    thanks.
  • GoodBishopGoodBishop Member Posts: 359 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm pretty sure that you can pass the test at any point, even if you don't have the experience, but in order to get the credential, you need to have validated experience (5 years).