Options

Passed QoS

EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
Scored 988, i found the questions very straight forward, the only annoying this is there was alot of sim type questions where you had to go into the cli and do show commands, this annoys me as you have to continuosly go back and forth from the pic to the cli which costs time.
Material used was cisco training course notes and Cisco Press, its the best cisco press book i've read to date,but saying that it still missed a couple of things here and there.My advice is, if using the cisco press book and the author mentions a subject briefly and says its not on the exam, dont believe and study up on it.Dont forget about QPPB.
Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Congrats Ed! Very respectable score too icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Are you going to sneak in the BGP exam too?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Hey Mike,
    Yep,next i take switching exam hopefully in about 2 weeks,after that i'll decide which to take next bgp or cit.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you're "streamlining" your study towards the CCIE -- I'd vote for BGP before CIT -- It builds on a lot of the BGP from BSCI, and then CIT would be just a "light review" (if you've got good notes and been studying for it while doing the other CCNP exams). But either way, BGP before the CCIE written.

BGP was the most "epic" of all the Cisco exams I've taken -- lots of senarios, even for the multiple choice questions.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    If you're "streamlining" your study towards the CCIE -- I'd vote for BGP before CIT -- It builds on a lot of the BGP from BSCI, and then CIT would be just a "light review" (if you've got good notes and been studying for it while doing the other CCNP exams). But either way, BGP before the CCIE written.

BGP was the most "epic" of all the Cisco exams I've taken -- lots of senarios, even for the multiple choice questions.

Hey Mike, yes my goal is CCIE but i'm in no rush.Probably i will do CIT first just so i have a decent cert to my name.After i have CCNP i will have obtained a large scope and then i plan to work on more specialized area's like BGP, and manipulating IGPs prob i'll do mpls for the ccip.I'm not too fussed about the ccie written as i will concentrate on the lab first and when i feel im ready with hands on i will do the written, many people rush the written and put themselves under pressure with a lab deadline, i dont know why! Anyway gotta get back to study..
  • Options
    romainromain Member Posts: 222
    ed_the_lad wrote:
    Hey Mike, yes my goal is CCIE but i'm in no rush.Probably i will do CIT first just so i have a decent cert to my name.After i have CCNP i will have obtained a large scope and then i plan to work on more specialized area's like BGP, and manipulating IGPs prob i'll do mpls for the ccip.I'm not too fussed about the ccie written as i will concentrate on the lab first and when i feel im ready with hands on i will do the written, many people rush the written and put themselves under pressure with a lab deadline, i dont know why! Anyway gotta get back to study..

That's my opinion too, I'm still a junior engineer and I prefer become skilled with time instead of keeping me under pression every time.

Certifications are foot in the door for jobs and a way to learn more.
    CCIE R&S Candidate

Dynamips Labs
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    niamor wrote:
    ed_the_lad wrote:

That's my opinion too, I'm still a junior engineer and I prefer become skilled with time instead of keeping me under pression every time.

Certifications are foot in the door for jobs and a way to learn more.

Very true....
    Now working full time!