Options

CCNP Security OCG Books

JoeBirdsJoeBirds Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey All,

So I've read some chatter about the new CCNP Security OCG coming out this month, but according to the almighty Amazon, the books don't seen to be releasing until April (SISAS) and some of the other ones (SENSS, SIMOS) don't release until August and September!? Any insight on this? Is there another place I can go through to get these amazing trees of knowledge sooner? Also, on Amazon, I only see the above 3 books, I don't see SITCS. Are they still writing it?

Any help or insight is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Birds

Comments

• Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    It is rather disappointing Cisco releases these books FAR after the exams themselves. I feel like by the time these come out the next refresh will be right behind. I did inquire to INE and they said that they are working on the videos and hope to have them out soon.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    JoeBirdsJoeBirds Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Right!? It's fine to release the new exams before the material, whatever, but they should really leave the old tests available until the new books are out in my opinion.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Get a Safari account. You often have access to the rough cuts prior to the official release of the book. But yeah, it is disappointing to have books released so far after the exams.

That is actually why I came out of hiding. I have to take two SourceFire exams by April, but guess what? No books.