VMUG Advantage now includes VMware's EVALExperience

iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
New in 2015 - VMUG Advantage now includes VMware's EVALExperience, giving you exclusive access to nine VMware applications to test for 365 days. EVALExperience, available to new and current subscribers*, provides all of the tools you need to stay in the game and take your career to the next level, all in one place!

The nine applications included are:
VMware vCenter Server™ 5 Standalone for vSphere 5
VMware vSphere® with Operations Management™ Enterprise Plus
VMware vCloud Suite® Standard
VMware vRealize™ Operations Insight™
VMware vRealize Operations™ 6 Enterprise
VMware vRealize Log Insight™
VMware vRealize Operations for Horizon®
VMware Horizon® Advanced Edition
VMware Virtual SAN™

Looks like I'll be picking up a VMUG Advantage membership next VMUG I go to. Usually they are $200 and sometimes have promos for $100.
2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
2020: GCIP | GCIA 
2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
2022: GMON | GDAT
2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response

Comments

• LexluetharLexluethar Member Posts: 516
    Wow nice! I think i will as well. I believe they still give a % off of the VCP exam as well if you are an advantage member. I plan on taking that here in the next few months so this might be an opportune time to hop onto the advantage bandwagon.

Which vmug location do you generally attend?
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I went to the Chicago VMUG in the Fall of 2013 since it is a lot bigger and better organized than the ones in the Twin Cities. I plan to go to the local one this spring through.

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    I want to take it just to test the migration from VMWare to AWS. I will wait for a discount on it though! Comes out my pocket!
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

I want to take it just to test the migration from VMWare to AWS. I will wait for a discount on it though! Comes out my pocket!

You need to go to your local VMUG if you want to find a discount on it, thats the only time I've seen them discounted but I could be wrong.

• DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Is there a VMUG in the NYC area? ...I'd be interested in joining one, so I can network and get information on VMware stuff. I presume it's like a exclusive club of sorts?
    Deathmage wrote: »
    Is there a VMUG in the NYC area? ...I'd be interested in joining one, so I can network and get information on VMware stuff. I presume it's like a exclusive club of sorts?

VMUG.com check it out

• chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    The VMUG in Wellington, New Zealand boasts a membership roster of 10 people including me. I am sure they can handout the discounts ! Let me check with them.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

Gong to my 1st VMUG in two week's just signed up for the local VMUG; stoked!
  • kj0kj0 Member Posts: 767
    We run a reasonable sized VMUG. Not as big as Sydney or Melbourne but we get approx. 25 - 30 each time. This year we hope to build on those numbers.
    2017 Goals: VCP6-DCV | VCIX
    Blog: https://readysetvirtual.wordpress.com
    So I kind of like that now my whole cluster is legit now and no longer eval icon_rolleyes.gif; just bought the VMUG Advantage package...going to start playing around with these....thinking of buying two more Dell R610's and make a mirrored two server cluster for an expansion on one of my ongoing CCNA/MCSE study brainstorm ideas! ...(6) 2008 R2 forests with another NAS (vSAN) with all the bells and whistles!
    One thing to note: the VMUG Advantage is limited to one server with two CPU's (but unlimited cores) in the Enterprise Plus license, so if you have two servers you'll need to make another VMUG account and purchase another Advantage account, but for $200 it's still a steal...

But they both work correctly together, since I've deployed it to both of mine R610's, but the good thing is there is no memory limit, so I can load up both server with the max.
  • GBAKER2204GBAKER2204 Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I know I am very late in seeing this, however the EVALExperience is sure to be very useful to those of us pursuing VMware certifications. I only saw this yesterday (9 months too late IMHO), and will mean we don't have to continuously re-built the lab every 60 days. icon_smile.gif
    WIP: 2017 - VCP6.5-DCV (Achieved), VCAP6-DCV, Citrix CCA-V
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Deathmage wrote: »
    One thing to note: the VMUG Advantage is limited to one server with two CPU's (but unlimited cores) in the Enterprise Plus license, so if you have two servers you'll need to make another VMUG account and purchase another Advantage account, but for $200 it's still a steal...

But they both work correctly together, since I've deployed it to both of mine R610's, but the good thing is there is no memory limit, so I can load up both server with the max.

Nested ftw. :) Throw the RAM from server #2 into server #1 - job done :D
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
    jibbajabba wrote: »
    Nested ftw. :) Throw the RAM from server #2 into server #1 - job done :D

As of my posting VMUG changed. They offer licensing for 3 servers or 6 sockets with the licensing. But as many know vExpert offers 16 sockets lol!
  • tbgree00tbgree00 Member Posts: 553 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm not sure if anyone else saw it but you now also get $600 in vCloud Air credit with VMUG Advantage. It's a little misleading because you get $300 for the first 6 Months and then an extra $300 for the 2nd 6 months and you lose any unused credit at the end of each period.

I'm one of the leaders of the Lexington, KY VMUG so I'm a little bias but I think VMUG is pretty valuable, especially the discounts and legal licensing you can get.
    I finally started that blog - www.thomgreene.com