Options

Passed the PIX exam...

HHHTheGameHHHTheGame Member Posts: 75 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just curious as to how many people have taken this exam already? I've gone through the 3rd edition of the Cisco book (which covers v7 of the software) and am almost done with the CBTNuggets as well. I will probably do some online rack time after that.

Just looking for any extra thoughts from those of you who have taken it.

HHH

Comments

• Options
    Come on now! 23 views and NO ONE has taken this exam?!

;)
  • Options
    ttoney2ttoney2 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cake man. Really, if you pay attention to a lot of the little stuff and know the info pretty well you will pass. I did yesterday.

Andy's review of the exam is right on the money.
    http://tcpmag.com/exams/article.asp?editorialsid=109

P.S. Make sure you know the commands required to config multiple contexts.
    Need more certs
  • Options
    usman_ausman_a Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed my exam only two weeks ago with a score of 965/1000 which was a wonderful sight to see considering it had been over two years since i took a Cisco exam.

Like the pervious entry i would suggest reading

http://tcpmag.com/exams/article.asp?editorialsid=109

as its a very good guide to the exam and its topics. What i would also like to suggest is getting to know your CLI commands as you have to do two Sims in the exams. The first one is the basic connectivity setup, giving one host access to the tintier and denying the other. The second is a little more complex and uses the PIX7.0 IOS of virtual firewalls (ie contexts).

I used the "Cisco Press - Cisco Asa All-In-One Firewall Ips And Vpn Adaptive Security Appliance" and its a very good book. No crap info just straight to the point. I know this exam is new but if you can get hold of any material (question sims) for the old exam, do it. As that will out in the right frame of mind when your in the exam.

I spent 6 weeks of studying, sims and messing about with the version 6.0 pix and ended up passing the exams in 45 minutes.

Goodluck
  • Options
    Whew, that one was a little tough. I thought I blew the second sim for sure. Then I started to panic and wasn't thinking straight. Luckily I still had something like 7 minutes left on the sim so ti took a deep breath and finished it. WHEW!!!

Now a fw days of rest and onto the 532 IPS exam.

Three down, two to go!!!
  • Options
    usman_ausman_a Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well done.... :)
    HHHTheGame wrote:
    Whew, that one was a little tough. I thought I blew the second sim for sure. Then I started to panic and wasn't thinking straight. Luckily I still had something like 7 minutes left on the sim so ti took a deep breath and finished it. WHEW!!!

Now a fw days of rest and onto the 532 IPS exam.

Three down, two to go!!!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    HHHTheGame wrote:
    Three down, two to go!!!
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Good Luck on the IPS exam!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!