LX0-101 Passed

EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed 101 this weekend with a 780. Now I can forget all the command line options to make room for 102, lol icon_lol.gif

Submitted for my voucher from WGU, don't want to wait too long to sit the final exam.

Comments

• brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    Good for you on your pass. Looking forward to finally being able to say the same thing.
  • llee.dannyyllee.dannyy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what was the difficultly level for Linus plus cert from a scale 1-10
    Probably a Bo Derrick.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats good luck on part two!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • mrhaun03mrhaun03 Member Posts: 359
    Congrats on the pass! Did you need to know the options for many commands?
    Working on Linux+
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass, best of luck on the next exam.

Could I ask what resources people are using to study for the linux+? I'm interested in taking it after I complete the holy trinity of comptia certifications. I see Prof. Messer has available videos, but when I look for books, I don't see many that are current. Are you using LPIC-1 materials instead? are they similar/identical? I know that you are/can be awarded an LPIC-1 cert if you pass the linux+ certification and forward your results.
  • EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks all. I took as part of WGU so used the Labsim training they provide. I've also worked with Linux on a daily basis for several years.

@mrhaun03 - yep :)
    H3||scr3am wrote: »
    Congratulations on the pass, best of luck on the next exam.

Could I ask what resources people are using to study for the linux+? I'm interested in taking it after I complete the holy trinity of comptia certifications. I see Prof. Messer has available videos, but when I look for books, I don't see many that are current. Are you using LPIC-1 materials instead? are they similar/identical? I know that you are/can be awarded an LPIC-1 cert if you pass the linux+ certification and forward your results.

A new book will be available soon:
    CompTIA Linux+ Powered by Linux Professional Institute Study Guide, 3rd Edition: Exam LX0-101 and Exam LX0-102 (Comptia Linux + Study Guide): Christine Bresnahan, Richard Blum: 9781119021216: Amazon.com: Books

In addition I would recommend:

TheUrbanPenguin Linux Training

I took an online class this past Saturday on the use of shared libraries. I found it very informative. You can find him on Facebook and Youtube.
    From the Urbanpenguin's webinar, I wrote up the exercise:

brownwrap
    Finished LX0-102 yesterday. Felt there were even more command syntax to remember than 101....yuck.
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    Finished meaning "passed"? Congrats then!
    Keep in mind guys, we will be tested on the exam objectives, not on the guides we used during our prep.
  • Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    varelg wrote: »
    Keep in mind guys, we will be tested on the exam objectives, not on the guides we used during our prep.

Exactly. I found it useful to work through the objectives.
  • datschmodatschmo Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing Linux+ !! I am just starting to study for both, hope to knock them out quick.

@EngRob - how long did it take for you to pass both including study time?
    varelg wrote: »

Oops, yeah I meant passed :)

@datschmo - think I studied for 3-4 weeks. I work with Linux so probably would have booked the exams sooner (maybe studied 1-2 weeks) but my WGU mentor required I complete all the labsim learning material before I could get my voucher released. Fortunately the labsim covered both exams so I sat the 2nd exam the week after.
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown