Passed CCNA:Security

Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
Passed the CCNA:Security exam yesterday with a score of 898 (right on the number). Without violating the NDA - the test had a few scenarios and 4-5 drag and drops out of the 61 questions. The rest were multiple choice of some sort. Most of the questions were based on CCP or the exam prep materials, but there were 4-5 questions that were completely out of left field. With little margin for error with the passing score I was surprised with the questions that did not seem to be in the study material.

Used the following materials in this order:

OCG - this was an excellent resource.
UDEMY Bryant videos - pretty good resource
BOSON Practice exams - not all the same material as the exam - but similar feel and look as the exam
CBTNUGGETS videos -very good
CCNA:Security Pocket Guide - great resource for cramming right before the exam

Now it's on to the CCNP.

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats!!! That's up next for me (I'm doing the CCENT right now). I already have the OCG, Pocket Guide, and Bryant's videos awaiting me so good to hear about those. I also have the Cisco CCNA Security Official Lab Guide as well, and INE will have their new CCNA:S videos done in March so I'll use them as well. Common them is CCP is huge so I'll definitely focus on that.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • tuleeohtuleeoh Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratz Todd!! Best of luck to you with your CCNP studies!
  • merc.man87merc.man87 Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! and good luck with your CCNP studies! I am currently studing for the CCNA Security and hope to take the test in about a month or so.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on your pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Good luck on the CCNP
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63