CISM Study Material - Request for Information

levsterlevster Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I am considering taking the CISM exam, hopefully in September. Can you suggest most relevant study material for the CISM exam? I did some initial research in this regard. ISACA offers the below study material.

CISM Review Manual 2014
CISM Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2014
CISM Review Questions, Answers and Explanations Manual 2014 Supplement
CISM Practice Question Database v14 (CD-ROM)

Would you recommend the above study material. Does the above come in pdf format, which is available for download once we pay the relevant fees?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Levster,

You are correct with the study material, most who have taken the exam recommend sticking with the ISACA materials you listed. I am currently using the ISACA 2014 Review Manual and Practice Question Database CD-ROM and I plan to test in June (already scheduled). So far the study materials have been great, the review manual is dry but the practice questions really help drill in the concepts and terms.
  • levsterlevster Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Zxbane,

Is the study material available in pdf format? I'm concerned that since I am in Sydney, Australia it would take a while to receive the books from the US (I assume). I can still schedule the test for June however am concerned that I might not receive the study material for a few days.

Do let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am honestly not sure how the shipping would work as far as a timeline goes, but I do know that the ISACA tests are offered worldwide so I would assume shipping to your location shouldn't be too much of a problem. It doesn't appear to me that the study materials are available in PDF format, however others might know more than me, this is just my opinion from looking at their site.

Maybe contact them and inquire about a timeline on the shipping of study materials to your location?

Contact Us
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ISACA also sells their materials via Amazon. Perhaps you can get it faster if you purchase through Amazon.
  • levsterlevster Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Paul78 & ZxBane.
  • ConfusexConfusex Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi, sorry to hijack this post. I am also keen to know if PDF is available if i were to buy the materials from official isaca site? It is much easier to study on tablets than bringing the books around.

Hope someone would be able to help :) Thanks.
  • hiranfdohiranfdo Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • MeanandMeanand Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Review Manual and questions &answer database should suffice.
    Although some more questions would be available.
    It is more about understanding and getting the basics right.
    AND DO NOT mug up the answers...it would be a waste of time and effort and would lead to disastrous results.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Hiranfdo, please know your audience before you start posting stolen stuff. Reported.
  • andhowandhow Member Posts: 151
    Sadly, the person that put together the website that Hiranfdo posted was probably trying to help. Too bad they didn't realize that they are undermining many of the certifications...
  • max9onmax9on Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone of you took the Krags Class? How helpful was it?
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    max9on wrote: »
    Anyone of you took the Krags Class? How helpful was it?

i havnt taken it but ive heard good things about his review class.
  • ArtemisaArtemisa Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Max9on, Krag's class is useful if you know your material otherwise is waste of money. He does some general questions but none from the actual exam itself.