CISSP Endorsement follow-up

dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
Is it OK to email ISC2 before the "6 weeks" period to follow up on the endorsement progress. Not that am in a rush, but my employer is pressuring me to show proof of certification to make "budgetary" decisions. Its been 3 weeks to date since i received my confirmation email for the documents i've submitted. To be honest, i would rather not email them if my action will only slow down the process. any ideas?

Comments

• emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    I know it's tough but I would wait one more week. Four weeks is somewhat of the "any day now" period. They could have your results ready, for instance, by the 20th, but if you contact them the day before, all they will tell you is that they have up to six weeks to get the results out the door. There really is nothing they can do/tell you before hand. If they need additional information from you you'll be contacted.
  • kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Normally you'll get something around the 5-6 week mark. Hang in there! If you can find something on their website to hold your employer off in the mean time, do that, plus show them your follow up email. You got through the hardest part, now it's the waiting.
  • jvrlopezjvrlopez Member Posts: 913 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm sure if you email them before the 6 week period in regards to your endorsement and certification, they will simply tell you that you are still within the time frame and leave it at that.

I'd recommend showing your employer your pass print out and/or submitted endorsement paperwork in the meantime.
    And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high. ~Ayrton Senna
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks all.. i will show them the print out and endorsement form and let them know its out of my control now.
    Endorsement completed today. (4 weeks).. I'm not sure which is more difficult the test or the wait for endorsement confirmation . Now on to CPE and AMF :D
  • patmanpatman Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the CISSP. Be sure to keep a constant process on CPE's spread over the 3 years otherwise it's not fun. I've heard of some cranking out 80 CPE's in the 36'th month, lol. The group B's (Some A's) can have plus sides if you attend free "lunch and learn" sessions.

Pat.
  • LR0926LR0926 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I'm glad to hear the endorsement process may not take the whole 6 weeks!
    I will definitely keep up my CPE hours ... this is one 6 hour test that i don't plan on taking ever in my lifetime again.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats for your endorsement. I am still waiting mine, this is my full week waiting, three more to come.

I understand that I can begin to fill up CPE from day one.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• ArchonArchon Member Posts: 183 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Endorsement completed today. (4 weeks).. I'm not sure which is more difficult the test or the wait for endorsement confirmation . Now on to CPE and AMF :D

Did you get endorsed by a colleague or did you supply your CV etc with your experience?
    Colleague endorsed but it was a long 4 weeks.