Study procrastination & useful discounted proctored tests (CompTIA)

thegreatbelowthegreatbelow Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does anyone else keep setting aside fewer and fewer days to study for an exam?
I think I have gone from a month to a week.. to a weekend.. now I have given myself 1 day to study for the Server + exam. (So far I haven't failed one but eventually my luck will run out)

I don't think this is going to be possible for when I sit the VCP5 test .. as their tests seem to be more difficult.

Also what is the shortest amount of time any of you have studied for a Microsoft test (I have yet to take one)

Also it may be posted already but Real People. Real Proctoring. - Online Proctoring - ProctorU is offering proctored exams for the following Comptia exams
Cloud +
Project +
Server +

They are discounted to the price of $99 per cert.

Comments

• TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Does anyone else keep setting aside fewer and fewer days to study for an exam?
    I think I have gone from a month to a week.. to a weekend.. now I have given myself 1 day to study for the Server + exam. (So far I haven't failed one but eventually my luck will run out)

I don't think this is going to be possible for when I sit the VCP5 test .. as their tests seem to be more difficult.

Also what is the shortest amount of time any of you have studied for a Microsoft test (I have yet to take one)

Also it may be posted already but Real People. Real Proctoring. - Online Proctoring - ProctorU is offering proctored exams for the following Comptia exams
    Cloud +
    Project +
    Server +

They are discounted to the price of $99 per cert.

There is no standard on how much any one studies. People have different methods of studying, different experience and different retention span on the things they learn. It all comes down to how comfortable you feel with what you know. I certainly wouldn't want to pay X amount of money and then just study for 1 weekend.
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So far the only exams I have taken have been on topics that I wanted to learn. While I was familiar with some networking I could not have learned the cisco IOS in a weekend. If you start passing advanced tests with a weekends worth of studying then you probably already knew the information.
  • thegreatbelowthegreatbelow Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    TheFORCE wrote: »
    There is no standard on how much any one studies. People have different methods of studying, different experience and different retention span on the things they learn. It all comes down to how comfortable you feel with what you know. I certainly wouldn't want to pay X amount of money and then just study for 1 weekend.

I agree in there being no standard to go by. You are in fact correct that everyone is different... my question is really asking what is the shortest amount of time someone has taken to study for a Microsoft test or really any other certification. Just a curiosity question.

My methods are in no way good practice, I just seem to keep putting off the inevitable until it's almost too late.
  • thegreatbelowthegreatbelow Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Jon_Cisco wrote: »
    So far the only exams I have taken have been on topics that I wanted to learn. While I was familiar with some networking I could not have learned the cisco IOS in a weekend. If you start passing advanced tests with a weekends worth of studying then you probably already knew the information.

How long did it take you to study/prepare for the CCNA? Did you take it as the composite exam or did you go CCENT/CCNA?
    (These are in my near future.)
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    CompTIA Exams are relatively easy, I have 6 Certs (3 were Beta exams I studied for less than 1 week for each), Security+ took less than 2 weeks of study.
    The thing is they build on each other, A+ helps with Network+, both help with Server+ and they all help you pass Security+
    You read the book and understand the concept and pass the exam.

Microsoft and Cisco exams are different, for example CCNA Library is almost 1600 pages in two books, you need to read, understand the concepts, do the practical and understand it and repeat, then hope to pass the exam.