Options

Want advice from IT veterans on my future

rolltide101xrolltide101x Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am 24 years old and i just got my A+ Certification. I get my Associate's College degree at the end of this semester. I am looking to get a job with my A+ and a letter of recommendation from my college professor in the next couple of weeks. I have no IT working experience, I can not decide on a logical certification to pursue next, I am not very interested in Networking, Security, or Programming. I want to work on broken PCs (software and hardware) what is logical advice for me?

Also, what can of jobs can I expect with an A+ with no IT work experience? I should also say I do not care about becoming "wealthy" I just want a good stable future, but I will always be open to acquiring more knowledge

Thanks guys.

Was an MCSA certification through Windows 8.1 would be a logical choice?
http://www.globalknowledge.com/training/certification_listing.asp?pageid=12&certid=1209

Comments

• Options
    rockd24rockd24 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I haven't kept up with Microsoft certs but it sounds like a server admin might be a fit for you. I wouldn't spend too much time on Windows 8. I would go with Windows Server 2012 I believe the MCITP has you do one Windows 8 type cert. After that maybe learn Exchange and VMware?
  • Options
    PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Maybe try some repair shops? Or Geek Squad? You might want to try out a help desk position.
  • Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If at all possible start working on your bachelors degree, better to get that out of the way now.
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am looking to get a job with my A+ and a letter of recommendation from my college professor in the next couple of weeks. I have no IT working experience, I can not decide on a logical certification to pursue next, I am not very interested in Networking, Security, or Programming. I want to work on broken PCs (software and hardware) what is logical advice for me?

With no experience, it will be hard for you to get a help desk position since it's so saturated. The progression of automation and virtualization has made a lot of old systems technician careers expendable/obsolete. Basically, a help-desk session is now talking to someone halfway across the world while they figure out what went wrong in Chef/Git on your hypervisor of choice. To be successful in todays' world of IT, you really need a good grasp - if not, solid comprehension - of computer networking and/or programming/scripting. Realistically speaking, you should try Geek Squad or a local computer repair place to learn all you can and find a niche that you really can pursue with passion.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown