Options

TSHOOT Passed

theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
Scored 986/1000 (The 14 points were most likely 1 or 2 of the MC/DND questions at the beginning of the exam).

The first 2 tickets went fine, but on the 3rd Ticket I couldn't find the Technology that I knew was the problem (2nd Section) and ended up having to abort the ticket. That threw me off until I got a couple of tickets that I knocked out quickly. I ended up coming back to Ticket #3 after I finished all the other tickets. I did some more troubleshooting, which only confirmed my original answer. Finally, I had a thought...the screen is kinda ("kinda" is a huge understatement) small...I wonder if there are more choices off the bottom of the screen. Sure enough, I was able to scroll down and found the technology I was looking for. I had the right solution the whole time and just never thought to see if there were more choices off the screen. Strangely, it will let you use "sh run", but a number of show commands that I tried were not available.
R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
Security: CCNA [ ]
Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]

Comments

• Options
    joetestjoetest Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    theodoxa wrote: »
    Scored 986/1000 (The 14 points were most likely 1 or 2 of the MC/DND questions at the beginning of the exam).

The first 2 tickets went fine, but on the 3rd Ticket I couldn't find the Technology that I knew was the problem (2nd Section) and ended up having to abort the ticket. That threw me off until I got a couple of tickets that I knocked out quickly. I ended up coming back to Ticket #3 after I finished all the other tickets. I did some more troubleshooting, which only confirmed my original answer. Finally, I had a thought...the screen is kinda ("kinda" is a huge understatement) small...I wonder if there are more choices off the bottom of the screen. Sure enough, I was able to scroll down and found the technology I was looking for. I had the right solution the whole time and just never thought to see if there were more choices off the screen. Strangely, it will let you use "sh run", but a number of show commands that I tried were not available.
    Congrats on the pass!!

Yea seriously, what's up with the small arse screens at these test centers. A 23" or 24" widescreen monitor, with decent resolution isn't that expensive these days. It really does make these exams tedious, especially with the layout of the SIMs.
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats on your CCNP!
    In pursuit of CCNA:SECURITY; CCNP; THEN MCSE
  • Options
    late_collisionlate_collision Member Posts: 146
    theodoxa wrote: »
    Finally, I had a thought...the screen is kinda ("kinda" is a huge understatement) small...I wonder if there are more choices off the bottom of the screen. Sure enough, I was able to scroll down and found the technology I was looking for.

You know, I had this same experience, but I didn't realize it until after I had already closed about 10 tickets or so... Talk about a gut sinking feeling. Must not have mattered too much, because I scored the same as you did.

Congrats on the pass, you earned it :)
  • Options
    tomtom1tomtom1 Member Posts: 375
    Yea seriously, what's up with the small arse screens at these test centers. A 23" or 24" widescreen monitor, with decent resolution isn't that expensive these days. It really does make these exams tedious, especially with the layout of the SIMs.

Well, the testing centers don't make a huge profit on the exams themselves, so there's that.

Congrats on the pass though!
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Congrats bro!
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    BryandoBryando Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
  • Options
    chowzenchowzen Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    dave151dave151 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□