When was the CCNA Voice last upgraded?

10jwood10jwood Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
I'm mostly wondering because I was thinking about getting the CCNA Voice but I'm hesitant because the old exam my be replaced soon.

Comments

• Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Pretty sure it was 2011 but I'm not 100% sure.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    for most of the task you will do as a CCNA voice this exam will do. Its the CCNP Voice and CCIE collaboration that really focus on the technologies. Also new CCNP Voice exams coming soon. I was just with one of the course writers a few weeks ago.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • 10jwood10jwood Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's good to know. I was planning on the CCNP Voice immediately after the NA/V. Do you know if the current CCNP Voice would decommission soon after or will there be sometime before that's completely replaced?
    shodown wrote: »
    for most of the task you will do as a CCNA voice this exam will do. Its the CCNP Voice and CCIE collaboration that really focus on the technologies. Also new CCNP Voice exams coming soon. I was just with one of the course writers a few weeks ago.

How soon are we talking for the new CCNP Voice? I just bought all the books for it icon_sad.gif
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    shodown wrote: »

And Mike V mentioned he is working on a new CCNA V guide last week on cisco forums.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    can't give to many details, but for ccna, ccnp v folks just get pass the current exam. The reality is that most of the companies are not really implementing a lot of the newer technologies anyway.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
    Are you sure you don't want to give us just a little bit of info shodown icon_wink.gif do you think we can mix and match old/current CCNP Voice exams with the new exams?
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There was a thread recently on the CCNP Voice forum where Cisco had posted on their site that the last day to take ICOMM (current CCNA: V test) would be a certain date in I believe August. But, that information was removed the same day and has not been reposted as of the last time I checked. There was also a "Last Day to test" for the NP: V tests, but I don't remember what it was. This makes me suspect that Cisco intends to replace the NA: V and NP:V this year, but probably didn't intend to announce it yet. FWIW, if those dates were correct, that would give you a little over 6 months.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]