Options

Pressure of studying for the exam

the_lost_scotsmanthe_lost_scotsman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was told this would happen by a buddy of mines. I have been studying hard the last month and a half and decided to revise my notes. I read over everything and none of it made sense !! I started to panic like oh my god I'll never pass this exam. On top of that I couldn't sleep because I was so worried and when I did sleep, my dreams where about networking !! I got so stressed I just had to stop.

I took 3 days of and never once thought about. I came back to it today and I remembered a lot more and feeling much more comfortable. So what I like to ask has this happened to any of you guys and how did you handle it ?

Comments

• Options
    KurokiKuroki Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just time management, if you work hard enough it'll pay off.

I went over each part of the theory until I could comfortably explain this is how this works and this is how packets would get from point A to point B in the given scenario.

As for the break yeah, I found myself getting lazy and couldn't study for a few days and I found that the information I retained was incredible, the issue is that the books and videos constantly throw terminologies at you that you're not quite yet familiar with.. Gets easier as you get deeper into the 'Realm of Cisco'

As for failing exams, I've never done it, but passing it after failing it would just make the victory so much nicer! icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    the_lost_scotsmanthe_lost_scotsman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have never failed (fingers crossed I never do) but I am in my final year of college, studying for everything just pushed me over the edge haha.
  • Options
    KurokiKuroki Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have never failed (fingers crossed I never do) but I am in my final year of college, studying for everything just pushed me over the edge haha.

You'll be fine unless you go for CCIE! :)

As for the second part of the CCNA just make sure you have SOLID understanding of everything, including netflow, RSTP (802.1w), and all the other main topics. They really do test you properly for the second part, not as relaxed as the CCENT!

I know those feelings of being pushed over the edge haha!! :)
  • Options
    Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I took a lot of short mental breaks. Usually a couple nights on a mindless video game. For winter break I have been watching crap horror movies on netflix. Next week it's back to 5 classes and full time work so I'm sure I'll get stressed in about 6 weeks when I get that feeling of giving up half way there. Of course I'll finish like always but it's predictable to hit low points when it seems you have no time for anything else.

Good Luck!