OSCP Passed

naxdeenaxdee Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I got a lot off help from guys on this forum with my OSCP adventures and just wanted to let you know I made it.

Got the email early this morning from Offsec that i have passed, have to say it was an experience well worth the pain.

Now onto other adventures, but first i am taking a week off to enjoy some much missed TV and xbox time. Between Cissp and OSCP i have not had a life a while now.

I wrote a short blog off my experience if anyone is interested in doing the course.

Nazil's Ramblings: OSCP PWK Experience

Comments

• dookdookdookdook Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Looking forward to reading your blog post :)
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome. Congrats icon_thumright.gif
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass :)
    I've been looking at this course for a while and I thought that learning some programming and scripting would help me a lot before I started the course.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • docricedocrice Member Posts: 1,706 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I read your blog post. OSCP is one of those items on my checklist I hope to achieve eventually, but it's the required time commitment that's getting in the way (work schedule). Great job on the pass, and feeling that victory after banging your head against the wall is like feeling the warm sun shine on you after a month of total darkness.
    Hopefully-useful stuff I've written: http://kimiushida.com/bitsandpieces/articles/
  • ramrunner800ramrunner800 Member Posts: 238
    Congrats, that's a huge achievement!
    Currently Studying For: GXPN
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! The OSCP is a cert on the rise - both in prestige and salary earning potential!
    I've been looking at this course for a while and I thought that learning some programming and scripting would help me a lot before I started the course.

I think that's a really smart way of preparing yourself. For me personally, a deeper understanding of programming paradigms has allowed me to 'think-outside-the-box' of a systems administrator/engineer - think about *lloc() in C/C++. Also, I'm taking a hardware security class which helps you really understand device logic and why Don't-care terms has revolutionized technology but has also left a big vulnerability as well.
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats! Thanks for the review.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • wearingmyrolexwearingmyrolex Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What a superb blog Naxdee, thanks for sharing and congrats on your pass!
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing the OSCP, as others have stated it's a great achievement, one that is on my list of to-dos.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats man! Hopefully I will be joining you in the passing club in two weeks.
  • EngRobEngRob Member Posts: 247 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing and thanks for the writeup. Gives me some hope for when I manage to set aside several months of my life to tackle this.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Good, it is a difficult cert
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    Thank you for the excellent write up and congratulations!
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • naxdeenaxdee Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks all, few months back i would have never thought i can pass this exam. After a while it becomes an addiction and all you can think off is breaking into the next machine and then looking like an idiot with a stupid smile on your face when you crack it.
  • Master Of PuppetsMaster Of Puppets Member Posts: 1,210
    This is a great achievement! What's next?
    Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
  • naxdeenaxdee Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thinking between eWPT or eWPTX
  • Killj0yKillj0y Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Nice job.
    Certifications: GPEN, SMFE, CISSP, OSCE, OSCP, OSWP, Security+, CEHv6, MCSE+Sec:2003
  • JaxinJaxin Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! OSCP is a lot of fun :DThe eLearnSecurity courses are pretty good too. I'm currently working through their PTPv3 course, but their web ones look great as well.
  • john13619john13619 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Well done.