Linux Foundation Certified Engineer Exam Changes

fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
This is from an email...

We wanted to inform you that we are making some routine updates and other changes to the Linux Foundation Certified Engineer exam. The changes will take effect on March 1, 2015. We are notifying you because our records show that you have registered for the LFCE exam, but have not yet taken it.

The March 1 program changes to the LFCE exam include the following:
  • Passing score updated to 72%
  • Updates to security protocols
  • Exam interface improvements
If you would like to take your exam before these changes are implemented, you will need to complete your exam before March 1, 2015.

timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown

Comments

• hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Just got the same thing in the email. So I guess the passing score of 65% is too easy. I'm registered to take the LFCS. Here are the following changes for the LFCS:

The March 1 program changes to the LFCS exam include the following:
    • Update to Domains & Competencies to replace RAID with LVM
    • Passing score updated to 74%
    • Updates to security protocols

Hm I'm gonna wait until after the change since I have more experience with LVM than software RAID.
  • brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549
    I received the email as well. As far as I can tell, no one here has taken the exam.
  • jdancerjdancer Member Posts: 482 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Learning LVM via virtual machines is the fastest way to learn for me. You really don't forget PV -> VG -> LV hierarchy.