Beast??? Passed -885

skubasteveskubasteve Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was intimidated by lots of people referring to this exam as the "Beast", but nailed it on the first sitting.

I used EXAM CRAM 2 (70-291) as a study guide, TESTOUT software, and a home lab.

On my way to MCSE...

(Already had my mind on 293, lol.)
"The search for static security - in the law and elsewhere - is misguided. The fact is security can only be achieved through constant change, adapting old ideas that have outlived their usefulness to current facts.”

-William Osler

Comments

• eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    The 293 guide for the 291 exam?? Congrats! :D
    witty comment
  • CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    _omni_ wrote:
    The 293 guide for the 291 exam?? Congrats! :D

I was wondering the same thing... but than again I was thinking about using the 291 for the 290 exam.

Anyways Congrats!

oh, and please explain if ya can.
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • Ricardo1Ricardo1 Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats for conquering at your first try.

If you won't mind, so you didn't use the 291 materials at all?
    “Be generous without thought of reward”.
    “It takes two to see both sides of a Problem”.
  • jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    CONGRATZ dude.........
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • mikey_bmikey_b Member Posts: 188
    Congrats! I pulled off the first time pass with an 885 using TestOut software as well, what was your opinion of it?
    Mikey B.

Current: A+, N+, CST, CNST, MCSA 2003
    WIP: MCSE 2003
  • rockstar81rockstar81 Member Posts: 151
    I think he means he was already looking one step ahead passed the 291.

Congrats mate. GOod job, I am aiming to take this exam within next 4 weeks. Also got testout cbts..they are just awesome, they are becoming my number 1 training resource.
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    skubasteve wrote:
    I was intimidated by lots of people referring to this exam as the "Beast", but nailed it on the first sitting.

On my way to MCSE...

I've pointed this out before, "The Beast" was the name given to exam 70-216 which is the infrastructure exam for MSCE 2000 track. There's only one "beast" and that was it. I'm not sure who or why people started calling 291 the beast. Congrats man!!!
  • TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    keatron wrote:
    skubasteve wrote:

On my way to MCSE...

I've pointed this out before, "The Beast" was the name given to exam 70-216 which is the infrastructure exam for MSCE 2000 track. There's only one "beast" and that was it. I'm not sure who or why people started calling 291 the beast. Congrats man!!!
    Run along ya old fogey... Let the young whipper snappers call it whatever they want.

icon_rolleyes.gif
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • SWMSWM Member Posts: 287
    Well done. I agree I didn't think 291 was all that hard. IMO 293 was harder. But each to their own
    Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

Beast or no beast the exam does test you on a lot of subject matter which makes it hard for most people to pass.
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Trailerisf wrote:
    keatron wrote:
    skubasteve wrote:

On my way to MCSE...

Run along ya old fogey... Let the young whipper snappers call it whatever they want.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Sheesh, I'm not that old!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_eek.gif
  • fredefrede Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Being intimidated may have been a good thing for you - u rocked the darn thing. Congrats on a great score!

As far as "The Beast" goes, I am with the whipper snapper crowd in thinking it IS a beast. Though at the age of 44 some may not consider me a whipper snapper.

Anyway, I am all set to sit on Monday at 1:30. We'll see if I can tame this sucker.

Fred