What is your least favourite IT equiment/software/vendor etc

discount81discount81 Member Posts: 213
Which piece of equipment, software, or vendor makes you absolutely cringe and hate your day when you see an issue you have to deal with ?

For me it absolutely has to be Sharepoint, it was dumped on me to look after and no formal training was offered.
It is huge, complicated and in my opinion mediocre in the majority of features it has, unless you have a development team able to customize it.

Whenever a Sharepoint issue happens (which is often) I hate my life.

I also dislike Dell, they are not even cheap any more and I find their desktop / laptops seem to have far more issues than Lenovo or HP.
http://www.darvilleit.com - a blog I write about IT and technology.

Comments

• xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dell...............
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • J_86J_86 Member Posts: 262 ■■□□□□□□□□
    SonicWall (aka Dell). Their support is terrible 99% of the time and the process to get an RMA is down right painful.
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Not a fan of SharePoint either TBH.
  • d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    D-link, Enterasys, HP (80% of their switches s*ck), Dell
  • wes allenwes allen Member Posts: 540 ■■■■■□□□□□
  • discount81discount81 Member Posts: 213
    d4nz1g wrote: »
    D-link, Enterasys, HP (80% of their switches s*ck), Dell

I'd never used HP switches until I came to this job, they had HP switches here and I had no opinion of them before, they were pretty rock solid to be honest, I replaced them all last year.
    The old HP switches I use as spares, and in the IT build room for testing etc.
    http://www.darvilleit.com - a blog I write about IT and technology.
  • wgroomwgroom Member Posts: 147
    For me it would be Dell. They have really gone downhill over the last 5-7 years.
    Cisco VoIP Engineer I
    CCNA R&S COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Voice COLOR=#008000]Complete[/COLOR CCNA Collaboration [In Progress]
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    xnx wrote: »
    Dell...............

This ^
  • MagmadragoonMagmadragoon Member Posts: 172 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Quanta or Zebra for me
  • ItrimbleItrimble Member Posts: 221
    I will join the SharePoint hatefest !!! Unfortunately our client documentation an calendaring lives in SharePoint... so I have to access it all day. I am also not a fan of Dell since I started my job. We are a premiere partner, which still means I get put on hold, and the techs they send out to fix stuff are pretty incompetent.
    Goals for 2015 : Finish BS Network Administration at WGU
    Become CCNA, CISSP, CEH, VCP5-10 Certified
    Possible Start Masters in Information Security
  • overthetopoverthetop Banned Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We are pretty much a Dell and Microsoft business and I hate them equally. Dell phone support is some of the worst I've come across but they have nice hardware. Microsoft's technet has some of the most unreliable answers I've ever seen. I've learned to skip technet and go straight to blogs, spiceworks, stackexchange, etc.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dell....Terrible company to work for and crappy products. CPU and case fans failing left and right on 3 month old PC's. At lease 60 have had to have one or the other replaced.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • KurokiKuroki Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I like Cisco, obviously!

However, they don't like making it easy to get IOS images or their software packages such as CCP, and getting aforementioned software to work properly was an absolute pain.
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Luckily I haven't had to use Sharepoint yet.

I had a really bad experience with a Viewsonic LCD monitor so I look at all there products as junk now.

Cisco's IOS XR used to annoy me like crazy since it's so different then all the other Cisco OSs. I've gotten a little bit used to it now.

@overthetop really? What don't you like about ASUS?
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • MTciscoguyMTciscoguy Member Posts: 552
    I don't like any of them, they are all a pain in the ass depending on what problem you are having, but they are a necessary evil, unfortunately.
    Current Lab: 4 C2950 WS, 1 C2950G EI, 3 1841, 2 2503, Various Modules, Parts and Pieces. Dell Power Edge 1850, Dell Power Edge 1950.
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I hate Java based applications / Sites, too many updates and we need to test all applications / sites before each upgrade.
  • DrovorDrovor Member Posts: 137
    Short list :D

- Java and ADP
    - Citrix
    - Epic printing
  • Kinet1cKinet1c Member Posts: 604 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sharepoint! It's workflow is awful.
    2018 Goals - Learn all the Hashicorp products

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity
    Glad to see I'm not the only one annoyed with SP. :)

It's so freaking "clunky"! Reminds be of Oracle Forms or some old Java App running on an old Citrix server.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    wd40 wrote: »
    I hate Java based applications / Sites, too many updates and we need to test all applications / sites before each upgrade.

I couldn't agree more. At one company I worked for, they would update a Java-based network monitoring program we used just about every week. It wasn't uncommon to spend two or three days of every week cursing the developer group.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We have Dell, and I'm not typically a Dell person, but the Dell laptops we have work well. The laptop I have at work is great -- 8GB RAM, SSD, i7 processor. Anyways, I've had some issues with older models here, but I've just been able to do everything myself easily (switching out keyboards for example) so I guess no complaints.
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    I'm pretty surprised by all the Dell hate. We are mainly a Dell shop, but work with other OEMs and I much prefer Dell.

I hate dealing with HP.
    Dustin Leefers
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Another vote for SharePoint. That and Dynamics CRM are the two products I never had any fun working with.

Vendor-wise, I've had some rough dealing with Microsoft, but can't call them the worst.
  • ReibeReibe Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    HP. Specifically their Sales team.

The sales engineers I've had to deal with are horrible. We've had multiple bids over the last few years for a few different projects, and its always HP who has major issues with the solutions they spec out to us (complete overkill or doesn't meet specs). Also these "engineers" couldn't even setup their own equipment for a test environment for us, not even basic functionality. Obviously HP has yet to win a bid from us.

Also on the sales side, the sheer amount of cold calls is borderline harassment.
    Vendor wise (such as dealing with service contracts HP is the worst) We actually hired a 3rd party company to place the calls into HP when servers would need repair. They are miserable.
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    HP network printers

Microsoft Dynamics CRM