Passed Sec+ Today!!! (SY0-401)

MickeyMundayMickeyMunday Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
I started studying about a month ago on and off and decided to get serious about taking the test. I used the Darril Gibson Security+ website and the CBT Nuggets videos. I have 10 years plus of IT experience but this test was kind of challenging. They definitely threw some curve balls in there at you. Make sure you know your ports, and cryptography. It looks like they weigh heavy on the Simulated questions as well. Ohhh and you should look up how to setup access points... You will thank me for that one! Off to get my CEH !!!

Comments

• fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Good luck on conquering the CEH next!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats, GL on CEH!
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing!
  • keybladerkeyblader Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good job my man
  • MickeyMundayMickeyMunday Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Guys! I definitely learned a lot from reading up on here...
  • laborer1laborer1 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mickey Munday CONGRATS!!! on passing the exam. Where are the video's located. Thanks for your assistance . I need al the help I can get.
  • anuragaks10anuragaks10 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good job!! Good luck for the future certs :)
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
  • meltdownmeltdown Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    Congrats! Keep it up!
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...