What camera(s) do you use?

EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
I have owned a Panasonic Lumix FH25 for a few years and love its compactness, point and shoot and general ease of use. Yesterday I coughed up some decent coin and bought a Lumix FZ1000 for $1200 Australian $s. The clarity of the 4k video is crazy good, the photos straight from the camera are fantastic. Only downer is the weight of thing at just over 830 grams. I weighed it against the Sony a6000 and what sold me on the Lumix were 4k video, single lens and 12fps speed.

What camera(s) do you guys own/have owned or wish to own?
NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com

Comments

• N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Weak iPhone 5. My wife has something respectable in the 400 dollar range. I'll track it down and update my post here in a few.
  • pevangelpevangel Member Posts: 342
    I use a Canon 60D (big), Olympus E-PL3 (medium), and a Canon S90 (small). What I carry depends on what I'm shooting and where I'm going.

I would like to get a full frame camera but would rather spend the money on lenses.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I keep coming with excuses to get something new but my Canon 40D is still going strong and producing great results.
  • pevangelpevangel Member Posts: 342
    I loved my 40D and used that for a long time. I got the 60D because I wanted to shoot videos as well, and I got a really good deal on it. I sold the 40D for the same price I bought my 60D for, so it was pretty much a free upgrade.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Love my Nikon D7000. Currently in the market for some Tamron 2.8's.

The latter half of my portfolio is on the d7000, the earlier half is on a d5100.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/raw_status/
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @phoeneous - those are some great shots mate!

@pevangel and @cyberguypr - the 40D looks great too
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I had a lesser Panasonic but returned it. The 60x zoom hunted too much and had difficulties focusing when extended. I am looking to buy the one you purchased, Essendon.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I just upgraded my Nikon D3200 at Christmas to a D7100 and love it. Paired it with Tamron 17-50mm F.28 VC, Nikon 50mm and Nikon 35mm prime lens. Also have Panasonic FH-25 p&s that carry in the bag as well for backup.
  • NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    My Lumia 1020, I've also got a Canon PS SX240HS :)

Not really a photographer...
  • John-JohnJohn-John Member Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have a Canon EOS Rebel T3i and a Canon EOS M. I used to have a Nikon but I wanted to shoot video and the Canons have better features for that. You also have to pick a manufacturer to share glass. I love the EOS M! It's as small as a point and shoot but has the versatility of a real DSLR. I like to use it with a 50 mm prime lens.
    Goals for 2019: CISSP[x] CCNA-SEC [x] CEH[x]
    Goals for 2020: OSCP [] eCPPT[] eNDP[]
  • dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    Recently treated myself to a Sony Alpha A5100 as I wanted something a little smaller than my current Sony a200 while maintaining the features of an SLR.
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • jamthatjamthat Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bokeh wrote: »
    I just upgraded my Nikon D3200 at Christmas to a D7100 and love it. Paired it with Tamron 17-50mm F.28 VC, Nikon 50mm and Nikon 35mm prime lens. Also have Panasonic FH-25 p&s that carry in the bag as well for backup.

Nice upgrade! I'm making the jump/switch from a D3200 to a 70D shortly..pretty excited about it
  • tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's primarily been my iPhone because that is the camera I always have on hand since it's my phone. I have been researching something that has an optical zoom because there are times where I wish I had an optical zoom like when my son had swim classes, tee-ball practice, etc where I cannot get good shots from a distance.
  • MrAgentMrAgent Member Posts: 1,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have a pretty old Nikon D50. One of these days ill upgrade and get something nicer.
  • BurnsieBurnsie Member Posts: 84 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I shoot with:

Canon 5D Mark III
    EF 70-200 2.8L IS II
    EF 17-40 4L
    EF 100mm 2.8
    Several Flashes as well.

I used to work in the photo industry, but have not been shooting much lately.

B
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Ess - She has an Olympus D or T 15 I think. I never use it.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice collection there Burnsie!

@N2 - I've used someone's Olympus, they were good too.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Essendon wrote: »
    Nice collection there Burnsie!

Thanks. I need to get out and shoot, but school has been keeping me busy!
  • LeBrokeLeBroke Member Posts: 490 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm jelly. I'm still using a 5D mk I. That I bought when the 5DIII came out so the prices dropped considerably to ~$750 at the time.

Looking to pick up a 17-40L at some point, as I had to sell my Sigma 10-20 when I upgraded and miss having an ultrawide, but can't really afford to blow $600 on something I don't use much.

Otherwise, have a 50/1.4 and Tamron 28-75/2.8.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Currently sporting a Canon Rebel T2i. Waiting for the new Canon 5D Mark IV to bow so I can switch to full-frame. My wife and I are so sick and tired of unreliable (although great) photographers when trying to get pictures of our girls so I figure I'll do it myself. I have a background in art and graphic design when I was younger and have absolute confidence in becoming good in the art of photography as well.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • IT-FellaIT-Fella Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I bought Sony FDR-AX100 last year to shoot 4K videos of my little son growing up. I was amazed by the demo stand in Best Buy as well as other people videos on youtube. So far, I'm happy with the quality even though I haven't bought 4K TV yet, well at least I know that my videos won't look outdated in the next 5-10 years.
    As for the camera, I have an old entry level Canon 1000D (Rebel XS). Lately been looking at Nikon D750 but not sure if it even worth it..
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Post up your portfolios if you have one.
  • Gallager00Gallager00 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    NinjaBoy wrote: »
    My Lumia 1020, I've also got a Canon PS SX240HS :)

Not really a photographer...

Best camera phone hands down by far. icon_cheers.gif

There is a newer version of Lumia 1020 coming out shortly.
    2016 Goals: CCNA Security, CCNA Data Center, VCP6-NV. Mostly focusing on skills rather than certs.
    2016 Completed:
    Currently reading: CCNA Security, programming books
  • DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    I love the Canon EOS Rebel T5i I have, that things is awesome. I have so many lenses for it....
  • esr0159esr0159 Member Posts: 80 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Canon 500D user here

Most of the time I use it when I travel.
    CCNP R&S | Planning to hit IE R&S or JNCIA or Security path|
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Currently sporting a Canon Rebel T2i. Waiting for the new Canon 5D Mark IV to bow so I can switch to full-frame. My wife and I are so sick and tired of unreliable (although great) photographers when trying to get pictures of our girls so I figure I'll do it myself. I have a background in art and graphic design when I was younger and have absolute confidence in becoming good in the art of photography as well.

I am looking forward to the 5DIV as well. Although, I probably won't buy one until late 2016. I hope the rumors of 50+ megapixels are true, as I do a lot of landscapes and like to print very big.

B