just started

lkh312lkh312 Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
hey guys
whats up
i just started studying 70 - 270 and already hit the half of the book :)
but the thing is i am using window xp home edition not professional, which means i cant do some of the exercise in the book...(eg..mange user account..the way u use local user and accounts in mmc snaps in...and some of the exercises).
is it better to go get xp and upgrade home edition to professional?
or any other way?
pls give me some tips on it..
thanks..

Comments

• bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    70-270 isnt exactly a hands-on exam from what I've read here. As long as you've been reading the book and you understand the concepts, it shouldnt be a challenge for you. Plus I see that you have A+ and Network+, so you probably have some experience with Windows XP Professional, just not at home, is that correct?
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • lkh312lkh312 Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    thank you for ur advice big born
    first
    i dont have any experience(nothing but some knowledge on computer and passion)
    the reason i wana do the practice is i wana learn not only to pass the exam but also to have solid understanding of xp professional
    besides
    when i do the practice in the book, it help me visaulize the concepts, whic means i can easily memorize the key point related to chapter
    well..meanwhile let me hit the book ..
    thanks
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    I see I see...
    In that case, maybe having XP Pro will be good for you since you want to go into more details.

Best wishes!
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • argosstratargosstrat Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would recommend upgrading to XP Pro anyway, its far better than XP Home (disregarding the fact you are studing for the exam) ... then again it could just be the 'Professional' bit that I like the sound of :D ... plus without using XP Pro, you are going to struggle with some of the concepts covered in the exam
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'd say go for the XP Pro, definately. If you're in school, go find out if they have an MSDN deal, or if an IT teacher or a member of the IT department can simply get you a copy. This is the same if you work at a place where you may have access to an IT department. Ask around, see if you can get your hands on Pro. (Especially if it's a school or business, you'll probably be handed a VLM copy, made to promise that you'll only use it for yourself while you're learning, and you don't have to deal with registering or activating while you're practicing installs.)

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    edited January 2023
    Thanks guys. forgot to say thanks 
     :) 
  • anthonxxxanthonxxx Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow! A post that dates back 2006. After 16 years, I'm surprised you were still able to access your account. Got confused at first upon reading your post on Windows XP. LOL.  I was just wondering your progress since completing the 70-270 exam.
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Strongest come back ever! Welcome back @lkh312

How's your journey for the past 16 yrs been like? what have you been up to?

Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    anthonxxx said:
    Wow! A post that dates back 2006. After 16 years, I'm surprised you were still able to access your account. 
    Determined to return and say thanks as it was clearly in back of the mind lol. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • anthonxxxanthonxxx Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    anthonxxx said:
    Wow! A post that dates back 2006. After 16 years, I'm surprised you were still able to access your account. 
    Determined to return and say thanks as it was clearly in back of the mind lol. 
    Maybe the internet speed was so slow that it took the message 16 years to be posted. LOL

a lot of **** good shits and bad ship happened for the last 16 years but i came back better than late 
    Currently , i am almost ready to take CCNA
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    lkh312 said:
    a lot of **** good shits and bad ship happened for the last 16 years but i came back better than late 
    Currently , i am almost ready to take CCNA
     Hopefully the good outweighs the bad and you are able to continue pursuit of your goals. Good luck!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
    UnixGuy said:
    Strongest come back ever! Welcome back @lkh312

How's your journey for the past 16 yrs been like? what have you been up to?

a lot of ups and downs in my personal life but i recenlty obtained ccna to get out of my current IT job (i know you are not  a big fan of CCNA  :) ) thank you for your comment though