Options

A pass is a pass...

Got an 832 but man did they hammer me with obscure questions... Microsoft should begin all their questions with

"Riddle me this...."

I have had easy exams up until now, odds are eventually I'd get a horrible pick of questions eventually and this was it.

Alot on CA and high avaliability... For some bizarre reason it was almost as if my exam was structured towards a NT environment on every question...

I used Sybex for my studies but next time I may include a secret decoder ring from a box of Cracker Jacks as well... I may be able to figure out the questions better.
On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?

Comments

• Options
    kovokovo Member Posts: 122
    Congrats dude, i just purchased the Sybex book for this exam. Ive used Sybex so far and a bit of Microsoft texts and its got me to this point. How did u rate the Sybex book for this exam? I passed 291 quite comfortably with Sybex MS Press and heaps of hands on work. I hear this exam is mainly all security, is much DNS and IP addressing overlapping from 291?
  • Options
    geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    Congratz fella!
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • Options
    eurotrasheurotrash Member Posts: 817
    Congrats! :)
    witty comment
  • Options
    Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I used Sybex for 293, supplemented by Syngress. I did horrible on the practice exams, but supprisingly did well on the MS exams with an 896.

I felt both books covered what you need to know. It is a matter of knowing how to pick apart subtle questions.
    Syngress provided a lot of detail, sometimes too much, but Sybex is better organized IMHO. Also Syngress has quite a few gramatical and technical mistakes. Sybex missed covering some of the command line utilities.
  • Options
    TrailerisfTrailerisf Member Posts: 455
    Like I said before, its not what you know... its what you don't know that's going to kill you.

I got a bad bunch of questions... Sybex covers the material well because I went back and look up the questions and the material was there... just didnt bother too much with studying NT as much as I needed to.
    On the road to Cisco. Will I hunt it, or will it hunt me?
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    eastpeastp Member Posts: 179
    Congrats...

Kind regards.
    Eastp.
    Multitasking:
    Screwing up several things at once.
  • Options
    gem.inigem.ini Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! :o I'm taking this exam on Sunday... wish me luck mate!! :)
    "Who is the happiest of men? He who values the merits of others, and in their pleasure takes joy, even as though 'twere his own."
  • Options
    PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
    Congrats!
    There's no place like ^$
    Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog