Options

Passed TSHOOT!

sucanushiesucanushie Member Posts: 163
I was going to add onto my other thread but I thought this deserved it's own thread icon_cheers.gif

Passed TSHOOT today. I thought it was the easiest Cisco exam I've ever written.

I would highly recommend trying the exam sim on the Cisco website and also watch Kevin Wallace Bull's Eye Strategy.

I reviews my note from Route and had all the stuff from Switch in my memory, but reviewed it as well. Study the topology and each IP address in it. It will help when you sit for the exam because you don't have a whole lot of room on the screen.

Overall I thought Route was the hardest exam, then Switch then Tshoot.

I must say it feels great to be in the CCNP club :)

Comments

• Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    Congratulations! I think you are spot on then. I used all three methods you mentioned. Kevin Wallace's video is great reference for taking a methodological approach to troubleshooting.

The exam was a breeze and I agree the easiest I've sat! Welcome to the club and enjoy a nice break.

Any ideas where you will be going next on your path?
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • Options
    BryandoBryando Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    chowzenchowzen Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    Thanks folks!

Most likely dive into some Voice stuff. I would like to take a month off and then start looking at the CCNA Voice. I would be impressed if I last a month though :)
  • Options
    aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    sucanushie wrote: »
    I was going to add onto my other thread but I thought this deserved it's own thread icon_cheers.gif

Passed TSHOOT today. I thought it was the easiest Cisco exam I've ever written.

I would highly recommend trying the exam sim on the Cisco website and also watch Kevin Wallace Bull's Eye Strategy.

I reviews my note from Route and had all the stuff from Switch in my memory, but reviewed it as well. Study the topology and each IP address in it. It will help when you sit for the exam because you don't have a whole lot of room on the screen.

Overall I thought Route was the hardest exam, then Switch then Tshoot.

I must say it feels great to be in the CCNP club :)

Congrats and welcome to the club. I agree with everything you posted as I passed TSHOOT this week as well. My advice for Voice would be 100% committed if you want go to the CCNP level. To really use it you need to work with it. If you just want an intro to it then doing ICOMM is sufficient.

ROUTE was on par with CVOICE for me personally in terms of difficulty. I still haven't used OSPF outside of a lab but I feel confident enough to implement and troubleshoot it as this level.

CCDP is my goal for 2015 and then it's break time. I can't start a track without the real world experience. I don't have enough Nexus and UCS experience yet for DC. Having to do all the Associate level stuff first gets annoying too. Maybe next year that will change... it just depends on the projects this year.
  • Options
    Yeah the Voice track is more what my employer want's me to focus on, so there will be a lot of hands on with it at work.
  • Options
    dave151dave151 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Way to go! The voice stuff looks cool and I think I'll be heading that direction too.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    If it is broke, did you try to fix it?
  • Options
    aaron0011aaron0011 Member Posts: 330
    sucanushie wrote: »
    Yeah the Voice track is more what my employer want's me to focus on, so there will be a lot of hands on with it at work.

In that case I would say definitely go for it if Voice/Collaboration interests you.