What should I buy for CCNP lab? $500

ecuadraecuadra Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Guys I have about 500 bucks to buy R/S off of Ebay. I want to buy 3560 switches but unsure of which router I would need to buy. I am looking at buying equipment not using GNS3 etc.

Comments

• gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If you really must have equipment then you can't go wrong with 1841's IMO.

Though, what version of the code are you running for CCNP these days?
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The 1841 is cheap. They can be had for $50-60 a piece and run up to IOS 15.1M/T. Only thing to watch out for is if you want to rackmount them. The 1841 originally wasn't rackmountable. Later on, Cisco added screw holes to attach rack mount ears. There are some of the non-mountable ones floating around out there. I ended up with 3 in my lab and had to buy some shelves to put them on.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • dave151dave151 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The 2800 series are pretty good too. They also will work well if you decide to pursue the Voice certs as well. I picked up a few 2801's for around 50-60 as well.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    If it is broke, did you try to fix it?
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Nice! That's cheap. So tempted to get stuff for Collaboration at some point if I get the time...
  • rowelldrowelld Member Posts: 176
    I have a couple of 1841s which are great. You can use them for future exams as well.
    Visit my blog: http://www.packet6.com - I'm on the CWNE journey!
  • JeanMJeanM Member Posts: 1,117
    +1 on 28xx (loud at first at boot up, and bigger form factor than 1841). and +1 on 18xx as well.
    2015 goals - ccna voice / vmware vcp.