ICND 2 Passed! CCNA R&S Certified!

Valor85Valor85 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hola,

Passed ICND2 last Saturday. I read the Cisco Press guide and my company got me training through a Cisco Learning partner vendor. The test wasn't too bad. The week I spent in training/labbing was probably the most helpful and attributed to me passing. I'm on to to CCNP now. I just went out and bought the CCNP ROUTE 300-101 cert guide. Good luck to everyone else out there with their studies!

Comments

• ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on getting you CCNA and good luck with the next step.
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
  • RodneyMcKayRodneyMcKay Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • anuragaks10anuragaks10 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done matey!

How long did you prepare for the exam ?
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor
  • 10Linefigure10Linefigure Member Posts: 368 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CCNP R&S, Security+
    B.S. Geography - Business Minor
    MicroMasters - CyberSecurity
    Professional Certificate - IT Project Management
  • DoyenDoyen Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great ambition and also the best time to go study for the next level while the concepts are still fresh in your mind. Congratulations on the passicon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2016: [] VCP 5.5: ICM (recertifying) , [ ] VMware VCA-NV, [ ] 640-911 DCICN, [ ] 640-916 DCICT, [ ] CCNA: Data Center, [ ] CISSP (Associate), [ ] 300-101 ROUTE, [ ] 300-115 SWITCH, [ ] 300-135 TSHOOT, [ ] CCNP: Route & Switch, [ ] CEHv8, [ ] LX0-103, [ ] LX0-104
    Future Goals: WGU MSISA or Capital Technology Univerisity MSCIS Degree Program
    Click here to connect with me on LinkedIn! Just mention your are from Techexams.net.
  • Valor85Valor85 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I self studied for ICND1 (CCENT) for about 6 months, on and off. I didn't get serious until I moved from a Desktop support role to Network Engineering within my company. Once that happened, I spent just about all my free time for a good 4 weeks reading Cisco Press manual, watching INE CCNA bootcamp, and labbing with 2 2950 switches and 2 2811 routers I picked up off ebay/craigslist. I passed ICND1 on my first try.

I self studied for ICND2 for about 3 months with Cisco Press manual, an INE subscription, and a week long training my company paid for. I probably put in about 10 hours a week due to my schedule plus another 50 hours for the week I had training.

Labbing is most important in my opinion. It really helps to fully understand the concepts you're studying. I did a lot of googling to find good lab material. I think as a newbie it's hard to come up with good scenarios on your own sometimes. icon_smile.gif

In my opinion the practice exams provided in Cisco Press and through my training vendor were actually harder than the real one!
  • Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • tecnodog7tecnodog7 Member Posts: 129
    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! congratz bro.
  • RynoRRynoR Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Henry.netHenry.net Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done, itching to get there myself.

Although I'm pretty new to it myself, I have found that labbing is really essential for my understanding.
  • ThechainremainsThechainremains Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Valor85 wrote: »
    I self studied for ICND1 (CCENT) for about 6 months, on and off. I didn't get serious until I moved from a Desktop support role to Network Engineering within my company. Once that happened, I spent just about all my free time for a good 4 weeks reading Cisco Press manual, watching INE CCNA bootcamp, and labbing with 2 2950 switches and 2 2811 routers I picked up off ebay/craigslist. I passed ICND1 on my first try.

I self studied for ICND2 for about 3 months with Cisco Press manual, an INE subscription, and a week long training my company paid for. I probably put in about 10 hours a week due to my schedule plus another 50 hours for the week I had training.

Labbing is most important in my opinion. It really helps to fully understand the concepts you're studying. I did a lot of googling to find good lab material. I think as a newbie it's hard to come up with good scenarios on your own sometimes. icon_smile.gif

In my opinion the practice exams provided in Cisco Press and through my training vendor were actually harder than the real one!

Would you say the ICND1 was harder than ICND2? I just passed ICND1 this past Friday 1/23 and i gotta tell ya, that might have been the most difficult exam I have ever taken. I am going to schedule ICND2 for Feb. 16th or Feb 20th.
  • BryandoBryando Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • dave151dave151 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Way to go! Welcome to the club. Cisco exams are almost infectious in a way. Once you take one you want to take another. You will have fun with the CCNP track. I think the V2 of CCNP has some exciting new topics as well.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    If it is broke, did you try to fix it?