Options

elearnsecurity enrollment questions

realPSIrealPSI Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
What OS are you using?

Did you have problems with the vpn setup?

I am starting PTS, PTP, and PND labs soon.

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I used Windows but I also had a VM with backtrack. I didn't have any problems with the VPN setup but I did have some problems with the staff members and resetting the lab machines on their side. I got told to restart their machine and I did but the lab still didn't work.....

Good luck on the courses, you'll learn a lot. I took the PTP course a while back, I want to take the PND course but I gotta go buy a VMware workstation license.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    windows/osx with no vpn problems! good luck!
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    No problems for me using the OpenVPN client on Windows 7 with the eLearnSecurity labs. I expected Kaspersky to occasionally complain about the VPN traffic flow, but no warnings.
  • Options
    NovaHaxNovaHax Member Posts: 502 ■■■■□□□□□□
    eLearnSecurity is a great organization. I can't really speak to the specifics of the VPN, since I did eWPT which uses hosted sandbox apps (which do not require VPN access). Nonetheless, they care enough about their customers and the service they provide that I can guarantee that they will help you troubleshoot if you encounter any problems.
  • Options
    realPSIrealPSI Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have connected through the vpn using Kali Linux. Next up is use my other machine and get the PTS course up as I am connected to the labs and configure the Nessus scan. I hope two connections are allowed. The Linux VPN connection worked as listed.