Thank you community members just passed my ICND 1

tecnodog7tecnodog7 Member Posts: 129
Thank you so much guys for answering stupid questions of mine. Just cleared the exam 30 min ago.
messed up a bit on routing but everything else thought the reading and your guys help I was able to ace.

Materials used: CBT Nuggets
Packet tracer- labs labs labs labs labs
Techexam forms
Online articles and different resources.

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CCENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• beatfreakerbeatfreaker Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I hope you complete ICND2 soon after as well. I myself procrastinated too hard and ended up taking it 2 years apart.
  • tecnodog7tecnodog7 Member Posts: 129
    Oh noooo way.
    I am going to take today off. Go out play, xbox one watch tv.
    But from tomorrow I will start preparing for ICND2 . I want to take it within two months. (For ICND part 1 I put int 4-5 hours a day of studying and I am hoping to keep that same momentum for ICND2)
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! There is no such thing as stupid questions. WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! icon_thumright.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Codeman6669Codeman6669 Member Posts: 227
    Congrats!!! Hahaha you sound like me. I passed on Monday ccent and it's been all pizza and cod/Gta Xbox one. Lol I slept 15 hours too. Ccna classes start in a week though lol
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! Any advice? I have taken in 2 times and got 801 both times.
  • Henry.netHenry.net Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations, I hope to be there soon! :D
  • ssnyderu2ssnyderu2 Member Posts: 475 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing ICND1 and good luck with ICND2! icon_thumright.gif
    2019 Goals: 70-698, CCENT, MCSA 2016
    Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, CIW Foundations and MTA OS Fundamentals
    Cisco Lab :3x Cisco 2811 Routers, 3x Cisco 3750 Switches and Cisco 2620 Router with NM-32A module
    Windows Lab: Dual CPU Hyper-V server with 12 Cores/24 Threads, 96GB RAM and 2TB HDD.
    CANCER SURVIVOR! In Remission Since September 2016!
    Thank you so much guys, this community is really awesome and supportive and helpful. I love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats man! Any advice? I have taken in 2 times and got 801 both times.

I spend 4 hours a day studying since november - finals week but yes i made sure i knew my stuff. I did so much practice on the labs using packet tracker especially on the routing and ACL. I would do them over and over again with different situations and scenario in my head. Doing alot of practice questions and i literally read almost every single post on this forum to get the kind of questions people were asking and trying to provide an answer and if I couldn't I would go back and read the topic to make sure I have a proper understanding of the topic.

Dude if you got 801 you are almost there. Please don't get discouraged and we are here. Just keep pushing. I realized one thing like fuz1on mentioned no stupid question so ASK until you are satisfied with the answer.

Good luck bro. Hope that helps
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats. Good luck with your future exams. I am working in a level 1 Core Network Infrastructure position and have been in it for the past year. Been in IT since 1999 mostly telecom/tech support stuff. I plan on using CBT nuggets too with 4 3640 routers. May use some PAcket Tracer too. Did you use any books?
  • The_ExpertThe_Expert Member Posts: 136
    Excellent work!
    Masters, Public Administration (MPA), Bachelor of Science, 20+ years of technical experience.

Studying on again, off again...
  • BryandoBryando Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    beach5563 wrote: »
    Congrats. Good luck with your future exams. I am working in a level 1 Core Network Infrastructure position and have been in it for the past year. Been in IT since 1999 mostly telecom/tech support stuff. I plan on using CBT nuggets too with 4 3640 routers. May use some PAcket Tracer too. Did you use any books?

No I did not, just vidoes and I did read a lot online and lived on this forum and went through all the articles (answered some but read a lot)
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Cool, I always like to see people succeed with this. I'm rolling up my sleeves again and getting ready to jump back in the ring.
    tecnodog7 wrote: »
    No I did not, just vidoes and I did read a lot online and lived on this forum and went through all the articles (answered some but read a lot)

You got this. It's just about setting other things on the side for now. I just took my exam yesterday and I'm already started preparing for ICND2. Don't get discouraged or for any reason lazy just even if you have to, do the bare minimum but keep the momentum going.
  • HAMPHAMP Member Posts: 163
    It does feel good to pass that test.

With the second part, I'm going to try and out score my first test results.
  • aderonaderon Member Posts: 404 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's really great man. I'm hoping to start on this soon and I appreciate the feedback! icon_thumright.gif
    2019 Certification/Degree Goals: AWS CSA Renewal (In Progress), M.S. Cybersecurity (In Progress), CCNA R&S Renewal (Not Started)
  • thenuggetbridgethenuggetbridge Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations!

starting on my studies today
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    Nice job, tecnodog! I have scheduled my ICND1 for 02/23. What was your worst category, if any?

Best,

-sigg
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching
    siggnation wrote: »
    Nice job, tecnodog! I have scheduled my ICND1 for 02/23. What was your worst category, if any?

Best,

-sigg

Ospf was difficult for me. Everything I was really comfortable with.
  • siggnationsiggnation Member Posts: 182
    tecnodog7 wrote: »
    Ospf was difficult for me. Everything I was really comfortable with.

Yes, I am having some trouble with OSPF also. I will double down my efforts in that area. ICND1 is only 1 area (Area 0) OSPF, yes?
    Currently Reading:

CCIE Routing and Switching Written Exam v. 5.1
    CCIE Routing and Switching 5.0 OCG, Vol. I
    Cisco Lan Switching