Where to start ?

the_lost_scotsmanthe_lost_scotsman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I am currently studying for the CCNA and assuming I pass I'll be taking 3 months of for my college finals. Once that's done I think I would like to take a Juniper exam. The question is where to start ? Is there a equivalent to CCNA ?

Comments

• wbirchettwbirchett Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes and no. They both cover subnet, switching, and other basics. However, the JNCIA-JUNOS covers BGP which is barely mentioned at a CCNA level. The test itself has no virtual simulators which makes it easier. JNCIA focuses on Juniper CLI, and JWEB, BGP, OSPF, and architecture like control plane vs forwarding plane of the hardware.
  • Node ManNode Man Member Posts: 668 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Juniper JNCIA offers a practice test on their website. And I think i heard that they have a 50% exam voucher if you pass a pre-test. Can't find it. Also I just discovered the Juniper Genius exam app. installing it on my device now. I think i heard that they provide all needed learning materials for free too somewhere.

Junos Genius - Juniper Networks
  • LuieLuie Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Juniper Fast Track program is what you're looking for. Training materials in PDF for JNCIA-Junos and the 3 JNCIS tracks. Pretest does give you a 50% off voucher for each of those.

https://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/fasttrack/