Options

Starting CISSP, have SSCP, complete by May 1st?

mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just finished the WGU BSIT-Sec program in December. I'll be starting up a Masters program May 1st (still can't decide between MBA-IT and MSISA). I'd like to obtain the CISSP before May 1st. Having the SSCP already, do you all think this is doable? Also, would you suggest any adjusting to my study materials?

I plan on using the following:

CBT Nuggets w/ Keith Barker released 1/10/14
Transcender Practice Exams
Sybex CISSP Book
Sunflower PDF

I'm wondering if I'd also need the CISSP AIO by Shon Harris as well.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
In Progress: ​Not sure...

Comments

• Options
    dou2bledou2ble Member Posts: 160
    I've never taken the SSCP so wouldn't be able to tell you how similar it is to the CISSP. However, I do think anyone who's been in security for a couple years will be able to pass the CISSP after studying for 5 months. I used Shon Harris' 4th edition I think and took me 3 months to read through it. One of the Directors at my previous work was an ISC2 board member and he did a "bootcamp" and I took it right after and passed.

One tip he gave when using "practice exam questions" that applied in 2012 and I'm pretty sure still applies - The CISSP will never ask proprietary type questions. So no need to memorize that stuff. The other tip I'm sure you've heard everywhere - 'You're the CIO, not the SA, so think financial implications first.'
    2015 Goals: Masters in Cyber Security