UDEMY CEH training series, $15

H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
Eduonix is promoting their Udemy courses, and offering a coupon code to get any course for just $15, they have the following course aimed at the CEH cert, I picked it up today for $15 and figured you guys may also care to.

https://www.udemy.com/be-a-certified-ethical-hacker-and-pen-tester/?dtcode=dOnryzG2i6HO

The code is LEARN15

other courses in the promotion listed here:
http://www.eduonix.com/collections/udemy-deal.html

Comments

• JB3JB3 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Let us know what you think of it. For $15, it might be worth buying just to have for if I someday decide to get the CEH lol
  • H3||scr3amH3||scr3am Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I won't get to it for a while, working on other certs, Server+ tomorrow, project plus after that, then CCENT, and linux+. it's further down the list with CISM, CISA, etc.
  • MickeyMundayMickeyMunday Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just got it and will do a review... I am starting my training this week for the CEH...
  • CrimsonBluesCrimsonBlues Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does this count as "official training" to be eligible for the CEH? I don't see anything regarding that on the page and ECCOUNCIL's site doesn't say that it has to be approved by them so I'm not exactly sure what qualifies.

Also, the LEARN15 code is still valid. Thanks.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Nope, this does not qualify as anything for EC Council purposes.
  • JohnnyBigglesJohnnyBiggles Member Posts: 273
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Nope, this does not qualify as anything for EC Council purposes.

So is it true there is no way to study for this on your own and then take the exam? You MUST use one of the items here and pay the $500+100 for the exam on top of these expensive "official" course materials?
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    From the horse's mouth:
    In order to be eligible to attempt EC-Council CEH, CHFI v8 or ECSA v8 certification examination, candidate may opt to :-

Attend Official Training
    If a candidate attends an official instructor-led training (ILT), computer-based training (CBT), online live training, or academic learning, candidate is eligible to attempt the relevant EC-Council exam.

Attempt Exam without Official Training
    In order to be considered for the EC-Council certification exam without attending official training, candidate must:

- Have at least two years of information security related experience.
    - Educational Background that reflects specialization in information security.
    - Remit a non-refundable eligibility application fee of USD 100.00
    - Submit a completed Exam Eligibility Application Form.
    - Purchase an official exam voucher DIRECTLY from EC-Council
  • knewboldknewbold Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    did anyone get this
    its cheap enough at £12 to give it a go