CISM June 2015 Exam

mokazmokaz Member Posts: 172
Hi all,Anybody on the CISM ride in June the forthcoming 2015 ??
On my side, after my CISSP, my CEH i'll hunt the CISM in June 2015.

Toward what i've seen there are loads of materials for the CISA exam but a far fewer for CISM indeed...
I've planned onto getting this for my self study preparation;

• CISM Review Manual 2015
  • CISM Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2015 Supplement
  • CISM Review Questions, Answers and Explanations Database v15
  • CISM Certified Information Security Manager Certification Exam Preparation Course in a Book for Passing the CISM Exam

If anyone has some inputs onto self study materials it's welcome, for example, what about the CBT Nuggets are they good for CISM ??

Thanks in advance,
regards,
m.

Comments

• dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm planning on taking the exam in June as well.I believe the review question answer & supplement has the same questions as the DATABASE.
  • mokazmokaz Member Posts: 172
    I'm planning on taking the exam in June as well.I believe the review question answer & supplement has the same questions as the DATABASE.

Ahh that is good to know thanks !!! So this means one is paper based or let's say "document" styled (pdf or such) while the other is an application on which you can quiz yourself am i right ??

Cheers,
    HNY,
    m.
  • da_vatoda_vato Member Posts: 445
    you are correct, the review question, answer & explanation manual is a physical book that is the same size as the review manual.

Where the Database is an application that you interact with. The Database is extremely helpful in that it keeps track of your progress and lets you know where your trouble areas are.
  • ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm thinking about the CISM in June, but it depends on if I push back the CISSP.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I'm planning on doing the CISM in June. Right now I've got CCENT and CCNA:S to knock out before mid-April so I can start studying for the CISM.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • voodoo26voodoo26 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I will be taking the CISM in June. Currently i have 2014 Study guide and also i am planning to buy 2015 Question DB. I think 2014 Guide is quite similar to 2015 version without major changes.
    2014 Goals CISSP COLOR=#008000]Passed[/COLOR, 2015 Goals CISM COLOR=#ff0000]June[/COLOR
    I will be purchasing the 2015 DB questions as well.. waiting for Isaca to make it available on its website.
  • raybfreeraybfree Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The simulator was an excellent help... not. I thought it was mostly a total waste of money. Good luck!
    raybfree wrote: »
    The simulator was an excellent help... not. I thought it was mostly a total waste of money. Good luck!

Did you expect to see the same questions on the real test? icon_rolleyes.gif Its a tool to aid your study and get you familiar with the style/wording of questions asked.
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed the exam June 2014 by using the 2014 Review Manual (one quick read through) and then primarily sticking with the Q&A DB Questions. I would highly recommend this approach because you drive home the concepts and why something is or isn't a right answer. Good luck to all of you planning to test this coming June.
    anyone knows when the V15 database will become available?
  • 8octave8octave Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am studying for June as well. I plan to only use Review manual and DBv15. Should be plenty! While Nuggets are pretty good...when it comes to ISACA they seem to be pretty high level(just my opinion).
    anyone knows when the V15 database will become available?

Yep i'd pretty much like this to be available sometime soon, my exam is in a little more than 4 months now.. Having access to resources might help indeed...
    I just purchased the 2014 Q&A book and the 2015 Supplement and not the DVD as this is more portable and i can take it with me where i go. I'm really struggling with the review manual however as i find it very dry. Sometimes i read for 2 hours and not cover more than a page and a half. Hopefully i can make it through the book by end of Feb then focus on the questions.
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I just purchased the 2014 Q&A book and the 2015 Supplement and not the DVD as this is more portable and i can take it with me where i go. I'm really struggling with the review manual however as i find it very dry. Sometimes i read for 2 hours and not cover more than a page and a half. Hopefully i can make it through the book by end of Feb then focus on the questions.

The only negative on the physical book and not the DVD or online version is that it's more difficult to use. Zxbane can chime in but I remember him saying the answers and descriptions are right there so you had to cover them up while trying to read the questions. The consensus is the electronic version is much better, and you can set it up as an actual exam too.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • jumbokingjumboking Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Folks,

I am also planning to take CISM in June'15. I have CISM 2013 review manual. Does that hold good? I don't think there would be any major change in 2015 Review manual. Any suggestions?
    jumboking wrote: »
    Hello Folks,

I am also planning to take CISM in June'15. I have CISM 2013 review manual. Does that hold good? I don't think there would be any major change in 2015 Review manual. Any suggestions?
    Not much has changed but i would still go with the latest book.
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    The only negative on the physical book and not the DVD or online version is that it's more difficult to use. Zxbane can chime in but I remember him saying the answers and descriptions are right there so you had to cover them up while trying to read the questions. The consensus is the electronic version is much better, and you can set it up as an actual exam too.

This is an obscure fact for me; what shall one order at isaca.org in order to have the CISM Review Manual 2015 as a digital file? Does it come (a PDF or else) by default when you order the Review Manual ?? Indeed i'd really like to have both, physical and digital edition in order to learn at my comfort...

Thanks guys,
    m.
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »

I received the book today and you are 100% correct i cant help but to look at the answers its right next to the questions... I guess i'm going to have to spend some more money and get the database on DVD.icon_redface.gif I cant believe i've spent almost $1000 on this test.
  • LeifAlireLeifAlire Member Posts: 106
    I am doing the CISA in June, just submitted paperwork fro training through work to go to Las Vegas (fingers crossed)
    2015 Goals: VCP-550 - CISA - 70-417