Options

Best way of connecting multiple sites together?

KurokiKuroki Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
What would be the best way of connecting multiple sites together? I know this has many contributing factors.. But generally

So far I'm with leased line using T3/4/5.. But what other methods can I use? :)

Comments

• Options
    RouteMyPacketRouteMyPacket Member Posts: 1,104
    L2L VPN (Hub and Spoke, no spoke to spoke traffic)
    MPLS
    DMVPN
    IWAN

I'd look to go with IWAN since it's more developed now : )

You're a CCNA Security, you should already have ideas, i'd at least expect you to have posted some.
    Modularity and Design Simplicity:

Think of the 2:00 a.m. test—if you were awakened in the
    middle of the night because of a network problem and had to figure out the
    traffic flows in your network while you were half asleep, could you do it?
  • Options
    KurokiKuroki Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had some other ideas but I wasn't certain since my score for CCNA Sec was borderline pass and uni wanted me to dive away from Cisco related topics since it's all I've done for the entirety of the network-related modules icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    inscom.brigadeinscom.brigade Member Posts: 400 ■■■□□□□□□□
    gmpls, mpls vpn, vpnv6, bgp, mpls TE traffic engineering tunnel
  • Options
    d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    Depends on the platforms available for you to use and business requirements.
    For example, you could use OTV with Nexus if you need layer 2 connectivity.
  • Options
    philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    What services and functions do you need to do?

Voip, video, data, storage, speciality? This along with ipsec reqs will drive network design. Is there a core site?
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Exactly as philz192 said. What are the requirements? That's how you find the best way to do it.

Too many times I see people trying to fit requirements into a network design they got out of a book rather than designing a network around the requirements in the first place.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sdn or vfn?
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown
  • Options
    Kai123Kai123 Member Posts: 364 ■■■□□□□□□□
    philz1982 wrote: »
    What services and functions do you need to do?

Voip, video, data, storage, speciality? This along with ipsec reqs will drive network design. Is there a core site?

This is a real shot in the dark and way above my knowledge level, but would a Layer 2 MPLS/VLAN designed network not be a solution for connecting the sites and supporting services like the above between them?

Like I said, its a real uneducated guess build on what I know from hearing Net Engineers building L2 MPLS circuits.
  • Options
    philz1982philz1982 Member Posts: 978
    Kai123 wrote: »
    This is a real shot in the dark and way above my knowledge level, but would a Layer 2 MPLS/VLAN designed network not be a solution for connecting the sites and supporting services like the above between them?

Like I said, its a real uneducated guess build on what I know from hearing Net Engineers building L2 MPLS circuits.

It depends then what his core architecture is and if he has a central site. Plus the MPLS Circuits have nothing to do with the business outcomes. Not being critical, just none of us have enough until the OP clarifies.

He really needs to lay out the functions of his network. No one can give him a design until he tells us what he intends to do. This could be something as simple as a few ISR's head-ending back to a Cisco Router. Of, course what if he is an HP shop, or avaya, or Brocade. Just way to many unknowns....