SSCP Study Time and Resources

orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,

I passed Net+ today, will be setting for Security+ in 4 weeks. I understand April 15th CISSP and SSCP exams will change dramatically. I was thinking of perusing SSCP directly after Security+. This would give me a maximum of 6 weeks to study for the exam (and do a retake in a week if need be) before the blueprints change. I have no experience in Information Security. My question is, do you think this is feasible? I'll be studying full time (40 hours a week) for 4-6 weeks. Can the SSCP be done in this time frame? <Ultimately I plan on completing the CISSP after some experience and a good amount of studying time>
What resources can you recommend? (Books, practice tests ect) I see CBT Nuggets has the SSCP, but it's from 2011, weren't the newest exam objectives implemented in 2012?

Thanks for all your help!

-Travis
  • Education: B.A. Criminal Justice - Thomas Edison State University
  • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
  • Currently Working On: MCSA - Windows 10
  • Planned Certifications for 2017: MCSE - Mobility
  • Connect With Me On LinkedIn:https://www.linkedin.com/in/travisebyrd

Comments

• mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I went from Security+ to SSCP in about 4 weeks. It didn't seem to be a big jump to me, just more questions basically. I think I just used the AIO book.
    Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
    In Progress: ​Not sure...
  • reubs6reubs6 Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got my Sec+ in November and just got Darill Gibson's AIO for the SSCP last week. Once I get some time to read it, I hope to be ready for the test by the end of February.
    Plans for 2017
    PMP-September
  • orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your input! I think I'll bite the bullet and get this thing done before the exam changes. I was questioning if Gibson's AIO guide is still valid for the existing blue prints (it was printed 2011) but i see the 'official guide' was printed in 2010, I guess it stands to reason it's still very much valid (at least until April 2015). I see CBT nuggets also has an SSCP video course that dates back to 2011. I was just taken back a little with all this info being 'dated' but i suppose for now, it's still relevant. Any other study materials that are essential and I might have missed are much appreciated!

-Travis
    • Education: Undergraduate Certificate in Microsoft Server Administration - St. Petersburg College
  • Sscp1986Sscp1986 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    orlandofl
    I Used the SSCP ALL in ONE and bought the StudyIScope exam questions from ISC2.
    Passed SSCP in december.

SSCP is great!
    Security+ and SSCP have common things.
    SSCP and CISSP are also brothers but CISSP is less technical!

I am currently working on CISSP:)
    2015: CISSP[Working on it]
  • orlandoflorlandofl Member Posts: 216 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I Used the SSCP ALL in ONE and bought the StudyIScope exam questions from ISC2.
    Passed SSCP in december.

SSCP is great!
    Security+ and SSCP have common things.
    SSCP and CISSP are also brothers but CISSP is less technical!

I am currently working on CISSP

Thanks for your input! I'm about to go ahead and buy Gibson's AIO today. How were those practice tests from StudyIScope? Did they simulate the real test?

-Travis