Passed JN0 102

Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
I've been studying for this in mostly spare time since around November, though not as consistently as other exams which probably made it take longer.

Honestly I don't think there is much more that Juniper can do to make taking this possible- not only do you get the fast track portal, but the PDFs and the Network Basics video are all high quality materials.

I don't see how there can be any room for confusion or questions about what to do to get certified- everything is literally given to you up front, I don't think any other vendor goes out of their way to do the same.

In fact that ~5hr Web-based training module is something I wish existed when I first started networking (I mean something of the same quality, not a high-school-project-looking alternative that other vendors might produce).

On top of that the testing engine for this exam is lightyears beyond the clunkiness of the exhibits/labs in Cisco's exams
Working on MS-ISA at Western Governor's University

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats! Juniper definitely gives you everything you need to pass, especially with some prior networking knowledge.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Vask3nVask3n Member Posts: 517
    Thanks for the congrats, I should also mention that I didn't mean to sound passive-aggressive and knocking Cisco, but I just enjoyed this exam experience significantly more. There's no word games, just know your stuff and you will pass.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing!
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! Their Fast-Track material is pretty darn good, given you fill any gaps with other material or previous knowledge.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks everyone, I was able to get my certificate through the CertManager online which was cool.

I've also been studying the JNCIS-SEC fast track since and would like to give that one a try too.
    snadam wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! Their Fast-Track material is pretty darn good, given you fill any gaps with other material or previous knowledge.

This was my experience as well- The PDFs assume a baseline knowledge.

Looking at the JNCIS-SEC material now, it feels really close to the CCNP Security series (the old FIREWALL exam and the new SITCS exam which is the one on next-gen IPS). Once again, the fast track materials have been excellent.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I also enjoyed the fast track material for JNCIS-SEC. One thing to note, don't worry about IDP; its been moved to JNCIP (which sucks right now for me :) ). Unless Juniper updated the fast track material, there will be a chapter in there about IDP. But if you look at the exam objectives, its not in JNCIS any longer. UTM was probably the most difficult for me because I didn't (and still don't) use it in the field at all.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    snadam wrote: »
    I also enjoyed the fast track material for JNCIS-SEC. One thing to note, don't worry about IDP; its been moved to JNCIP (which sucks right now for me :) ). Unless Juniper updated the fast track material, there will be a chapter in there about IDP. But if you look at the exam objectives, its not in JNCIS any longer. UTM was probably the most difficult for me because I didn't (and still don't) use it in the field at all.

Thank you for the heads up on this! I was wondering why IDP was in the fast track but not in the objectives, so I took notes on it anyway.

No harm done, at least I learned how it works a bit.

Spent today mostly going over NAT/PAT. I'm really interested in doing this cert in the near future.